Peak Slimestone (Read 3545 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Peak Slimestone
March 10, 2003, 02:03:04 pm
Had a quick scout round the slimestone crags yesterday with me mate Si Holmes:-

Classics on Minus Ten at Stoney are all dry. Rubicon is actually underwater, the river having come right in from Caviar all the way under the 5b traverse. Crag X was patchy wet and will be dry in a couple of weeks (depending on the weather) but Raven Tor was in really good nic! I couldn't believe it.

I've spent many many hours at the tor so got quick repeats in on Weedkiller, Too hard for Mark Leach and Basher's problem before concentrating on the roof of Ben. All those comps must have done something positive as I'm now much further on with it and psyched to do the rest. Did powerband the reach way and almost the 'accepted' way, falling with my hand in the last undercut but unable to move my feet down!

It still needs a few weeks for some of the routes to dry out properly and some of the footholds at the bottom are wet but its looking good!

dave

#1 Peak Slimestone
March 10, 2003, 02:55:19 pm
Any individual problems at cragx dry or just bits and pieces?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Peak Slimestone
March 10, 2003, 07:03:48 pm
None of the lines really, odd dry hold here and there, but a general feeling of smeg!

Doylo

• forum hero
#3 Peak Slimestone
March 10, 2003, 08:17:06 pm
I frequented the limestone during the last dry patch.  cragx dried out pretty well, rubicon was bone dry. Can't believe powerband/staminaband is climable now. That didn't dry out in 3 weeks of no rain.
Glad to here Ben's Roof is dry, fell off the last move 3 times before it started raining again.Ahhhhh

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#4 Peak Slimestone
March 10, 2003, 08:45:55 pm
What was Pinches like.

AndyR

• forum hero
#5 Re: Peak Slimestone
March 11, 2003, 04:49:11 pm
Quote from: "dobbin"
Had a quick scout round the slimestone crags yesterday with me mate Si Holmes:-

How is the Homster? If you see him, tell him I said hi! Haven't seen him since my stag-do last year.

His he still completely ripped-looking but a total punter??

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#6 Peak Slimestone
March 11, 2003, 05:30:28 pm
Quote from: "gollum"
What was Pinches like.

In good nic mate. Everything dry. The foot block thing under bear claw is wet, but it gets the sun so it'll be alright by the weekend if the weathers ok. Did anyone splutter over their keyboard then?

How is the Homster? If you see him, tell him I said hi! Haven't seen him since my stag-do last year.

His he still completely ripped-looking but a total punter??

:lol: very good! I will pass on your kind regards! He's doing well, bought a house n all that, and climbing well too.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#7 Peak Slimestone
March 16, 2003, 06:13:55 pm
The bloody Snor is now wet again! The central section is ok (Sardine, Tin of etc) but Powerband and the roof of Ben are both wet - thus as a bouldering venue its not up to much at the moment.

Went to Stoney too, - to Tom's roof and managed to despatch Pete's Power Pull which I think is a personal best! I actually think I found Swing thing harder as my fingers kept getting in the way for the match. Much better just to beast it!

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#8 Peak Slimestone
March 16, 2003, 06:27:33 pm
Pinches was dry on Friday, just like you said.Did some interesting stuff. Five ten V10s are the way on that particular bit of rock. Pete's Power Pull is the ultimate one move problem. I'd have come along if you had replied to my text. :up:
PS Any know how you physically reach between the holds on Quentessence?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#9 Peak Slimestone
March 16, 2003, 06:49:13 pm
Five ten V10s are the way on that particular bit of rock. Pete's Power Pull is the ultimate one move problem. I'd have come along if you had replied to my text. :up:

Sorry! if your username was chosen due to a physical resemblence to your appearance I have a guess at who you are, and in which case I would expect you to be doing one armers on the hold in the middle!

PS Any know how you physically reach between the holds on Quentessence?

Be Quent! Its bloody miles! plus you could easily fly over the edge these days!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#10 Peak Slimestone
March 30, 2003, 01:47:49 pm
Peak slimestone is all in good nic at the moment - gutted am off injured. Gonna just be out in photo mode for a week (or so).

Have submitted piccies of yesterday (the ones where I am climbing reasonably obviously are before knackering myself), before the good Meester Bubba gets chance to vet them they're on one of my servers:-

click here

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#11 Peak Slimestone
March 31, 2003, 09:59:33 am
Quote from: "dobbin"
Have submitted piccies of yesterday

Hey Dobbin, if you're going to upload yours to your site I might as well just rob them from there to save you having to upload to the ukb server as well....the photos look much better with your new cam!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#12 Peak Slimestone
March 31, 2003, 10:27:42 am
yeah they really do - what a good purchase! it's much better for action photos too as once you've got the focus thing locked, you can drop the shutter whenever it suits - cool.

t'old camera went for £75 btw! which proves you can sell owt on eBay!

I will heed your advice re the piccies - I'll just send you a link as a Private message.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal