UKBouldering.com

Good Weekend????????? (Read 3334 times)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 09:25:04 am
Well sunday eh?? Forecast was doom and gloom and it turned out champion...
early start at curbar where Ang did a little damp Extended Warfare in her inimitable weak  and punterish girlie style :wink:
then on to Cratcliffe where S.Yorks very own G, Dave brought the mutha fuckin ruckaz down on T crack(I hope u did anyway!) as did Si Berry, who early had said he would never be able ever to do it. Although to hear his gasped pleadings to spot him as he topped out completely pumped were something to behold.

dave

#1 Re: Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 09:35:56 am
Quote from: "fatboySlimfast"
.....Dave brought the mutha fuckin ruckaz down on T crack(I hope u did anyway!)

Naah, neither of us did it, as per fucking usual. I was still shaking from spotting Si on his ascent!!

Have decided I'm gonna go with the undercut method in future, the other way is for conformist ladyboys. Probably wont have goon conditions on it now till winter again, so i might as well forget about it for another year.

Sounds like you had a good day anyroad fatboy. Stayed dry even after you left, remarkable.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 09:45:56 am
yeah, best day for ages.
Heres a nice variation for those that have done evrything at Gorilla warfare, reverse extended warfare and then continue up the offwidth at the end.Fuck me i was pumped, took me most of the day to recover!Feel like Ive been wrestling an alligator this morning...so ill carry on sipping coffee and dossing around

dave

#3 Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 09:54:26 am
I'll have to try that one. Wasn't the original way of doing GW to traverse the top of the block, downclimb the offwidth, then do EW? menkle.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 10:08:24 am
I had such a gnarly weights session at our Esporta "free trial day" that I couldn't move for the rest of the weekend - oops! Never mind, had a great lazy Sunday in front of the playstation and making some music on Propellerhead Reason....

james

• obsessive maniac
#5 Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 10:46:35 am
I did Bobba Fet in about 25 minutes.  I was well chuffed.  Talk about a boost in confidence.  
The friction was good but it was such a dingey day.  The wind was redicilous at hencloud :cry: .
Cheers

James

dave

#6 Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 11:42:48 am
It was bloody windy at RHS anall. I was on a high arete and was nearly blown off, but thats another story  :wink: . Du-dum tish.

mark

• forum abuser
#7 Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 01:22:49 pm
Good weekend?

No, rubbish. Watching the taped F1 qualifying with my son on Saturday morning I pulled on an old crash helmet. (We were re-enacting the racing by sitting in cardboard boxes making vroom noises and I decided to increase the authenticity with the lid. Who needs a PlayStation when you've got a cardboard box and an old crash helmet?). Adjusted it, pressing it into the back of my neck and felt something in there tweak and pain spread all across my neck and shoulder. So no climbing for me all weekend. Off to the doctor on Weds to get a referral to a physio/osteopath.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#8 Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 01:36:11 pm
You are kidding Mark  :shock:

Nasty...maybe it's time to get a nice, safe Xbox instead?

dave

#9 Good Weekend?????????
March 10, 2003, 01:37:29 pm
I agree, a box + helmet = fun. :bang:

Hope the neck improves, thats right bad luck.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal