UKBouldering.com

DWS Majorca (Read 2456 times)

chris

• menacing presence
DWS Majorca
March 22, 2005, 01:16:37 pm
Has anyone been DWS in Majorca?

Where abouts are the main areas...stuff where ''ejector seat'' and ''all the cats are black'' are?

Is there a wide range of different areas or just a couple of specific ones?

Whats the cack with dingy hire too?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#1 DWS Majorca
June 05, 2005, 10:52:37 am
I will be there when you are. We arrive on the saturday, you will leave on the tues. Hopefully you will have found it by then!

I asked Sharples about this as he has just been this year and he has loads of information, so I will press him specifically for the DWS locations - he might at least know where it is.

I think the wall with a lot of the routes on is called diablo. I'l let yuou know owt I turn up.

Where's your villa btw?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 DWS Majorca
June 05, 2005, 10:56:31 am
Found the following :

http://www.rocaroja.com/miniguide.htm

"Friendly" DWS in Palma!
July 2002
20m top-outs in Porto Cristo too scary for you? Check out Dique de l'Oeste in Palma. Just around the corner from the bouldering area is a big cave (1 route F7a) and to its right a smaller wall (roughly 12m high) with 5 or 6 routes from F4 to F6b (grades for climbing in bare feet - swimming starts!)

Deep water soloing in Porto Cristo February 2002
The article in the UK's Climber magazine has caused quite a stir. Routes at all grades and plenty to choose from. The sea's a bit cold just now but wait for the summer!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#3 DWS Majorca
June 17, 2005, 10:23:12 am
So, Porto Cristo is actually on the map it turns out, its in the east of the island and thats all I know. When I have been I will post summat here.

gritstoner

#4 DWS Majorca
June 21, 2005, 11:33:01 am
Went to check out Porto Cristo and the Dique de L'Oeste (Palma) last summer. Unless you know exactly where you're going in Porto Christo, there's no point - you have about 5km of high, pretty scary looking cliffs without any obvious downclimb or approach. Felt a right tit when I drove for an hour just to shuffle around the edges, gulp and turn around.

Dique de L'Oeste has a fair few meters of so-so bouldering about 100m along from the nudist beach. It's basically an undercut wall, about 4-5m high with partly dodgy landings: There was loads of shit, used condoms and some nasty very sharp spikes sticking out from the ground, looked like solidified lava or something. Bring a beefy pad.
The DWS in the cave didn't look that great to be honest.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal