UKBouldering.com

South lakes dryness (Read 2162 times)

squeek

• junky
South lakes dryness
March 18, 2005, 09:21:43 am
I'm thinking of going to the good old South lakes limestone on Sunday, Warton, Woodwell, and Trowbarrow in particular.  It's raining now, but if it doesn't rain between this afternoon and Sunday will they be dry?  The forecast is pretty good for the weekend.

As a side note, how high are the problems around the pinnacle area of Warton, I want to try Beastmaster and Totally Focused but I'll only have one pad and my girlfriend spotting.

Cheers for the info.

Greg C

• forum hero
#1 South lakes dryness
March 18, 2005, 12:15:20 pm
Everything was bone dry last weekend and although its rained a fair bit I suspect it will be ok tomorrow.

Beastmaster + Totally Focussed eh? Thats what I like to here, classics the pair of em! Beastmaster is quite high (6m) although it pretty easy for the last 3m. Totally is fine, its only about 4m. Tricky at the grade mind!  :8)

Let me know how you get on.

Graeme

• menacing presence
#2 South lakes dryness
March 31, 2005, 09:13:37 am
Just a bit of a referesher, whats gonna be in nick this weekend?
Whats my best bet Soutn lakes Slime or would a trip to Kentmere be worthwhile?

Greg C

• forum hero
#3 South lakes dryness
April 01, 2005, 05:34:22 pm
Most of the South Lakes Limestone will still be a bit wet, with the exception of Red Wall and the Trowbarrow boulder.

Kentmere should be okay, incidentally,  last  I heard a couple of trees had been blown down at Little Font blocking a few problems, although these may well have been moved by know.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal