UKBouldering.com

kullu valley (Read 2262 times)

bobby knut

kullu valley
February 28, 2005, 10:26:58 pm
in a couple of weeks time i'll be arriving in northern india to seek out the bouldering near the kullu valley. i'll be heading to whatever is in the spiti and lahaul valleys, north of manali.
can anyone give any pointers to any part of the trip?
i've heard there's a small village called chattru that's ok for supplies. what about manali for the real supplies?!!
is the heavy snowfall over there at the moment going to stop me?
i'll be staying in india and nepal for the rest of the year. any other good spots over there?
not hampi though, not till it's a bit cooler!

chappers

• forum hero
#1 kullu valley
March 03, 2005, 10:07:33 am
dude, im flying out to delhi on 15th april on a bit of a trip with a little bouldering mixed in (goin with non climber). im keen to find these boulders up at the source of the ghanges.

was going to head up to rishikesh, then up from there? i read an interview with the ben moon (some time ago) and i remeber him mentioning some qualitee boulders up there.

any info on locations, anyone been etc...

ta, chappers

bobby knut

#2 kullu valley
March 07, 2005, 10:12:41 pm
aw, come on folks. someone must know a tiny bit!
ah well. a wandering we go. off to mumbai tomorrow.
any news, let us know, and chappers, if you're out there, enjoy man.
let me know of any magical discoveries. likewise.

bobby knut

#3 kullu valley
May 04, 2005, 05:44:18 am
now then chappers, how's it going? are you still in india?
how's it going over at gaumukh? have you been able to get there or is the snow still laying up there?
have you heard anything about auli since you've been here? supposed to be a large number of boulders there and it's accessible now.
i'm over at triund now, just above mcleod ganj. loads of boulders and some wicked problems. and a fantastic 3000m plateau to enjoy. weather not been too hot though since i got here 2 weeks ago.
better than kullu valley around manali though. hours of walking and searching to find a handful of problems with nasty landings.
hopefully be able to get up to spiti valley in a month or so.
let us know how it's going man. enjoy the rock.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 kullu valley
May 04, 2005, 08:13:33 am
Hope you're getting lots of photos - your trip sounds amazing!

I'm not surprised there's not a great deal of information on the areas you're talking about, but good luck in your quest...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal