UKBouldering.com

Spysweeper subscription (Read 1931 times)

underground

• forum hero
Spysweeper subscription
February 26, 2005, 10:40:06 pm
Mines run out, so it won't update definitions. Do I need to re download the program or is there a way round it? Or shall I just uninstall and stick with Microsoft antispware beta. Or is there an other alternative?

Cheers doggs.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#1 Spysweeper subscription
February 27, 2005, 07:20:50 pm
is it me or does the Microsoft Anti-Spyware thingy seem to suck big style, running a background spyware check as if it was a virus checker seems to be a little over the top, and yet more 'background services' to slow your machine down. I tried it and have reverted to Adaware, which from my experience is the easiest to use/update of the lot. And its free.

JR

• forum abuser
#2 Spysweeper subscription
February 27, 2005, 11:42:29 pm
Quote from: "Obi-Wan is lost..."
is it me or does the Microsoft Anti-Spyware thingy seem to suck big style, running a background spyware check as if it was a virus checker seems to be a little over the top, and yet more 'background services' to slow your machine down. I tried it and have reverted to Adaware, which from my experience is the easiest to use/update of the lot. And its free.

you can turn the background services off and just use it when you want to check for spyware.  It does pick up the odd thing ad-aware and spybot dont get.  A really good utility for stopping things runnign at startup without using msconfig and getting annoying messages to tell you youve edited the configuration is Mike Lin's startup.cpl applet.  Youll find it on google.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal