UKBouldering.com

Video editing software requirements (Read 3105 times)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Video editing software requirements
February 21, 2005, 01:08:35 pm
alright - getting round to replacing my decrepit old desktop and wanna get something to use to edit down the DV footage I've got on tape.

Being a complete novice, have been researching loads and think I understand what I'm after in terms of the basics - at the budget I've got (£300-£350) reckon I'm going to pump for:

3GHz+ processor
512MB RAM
80Gb + hard drive
DVD writer

can anyone help with whatever else i might need to look out? assume i need a graphics card, what sort of spec and ting? will that spec be OK to run editing software?

cheers in advance...

JR

• forum abuser
#1 Video editing software requirements
February 21, 2005, 01:51:41 pm
Here are the system requirements for the latest version of premiere which is a mega hardware intensive program but probably the best.

http://store.adobe.com/products/premiere/systemreqs.html;storesessionid=GIKPQQBLQUIAVQFI0ILB2SOAVDJBIIV1

You will be fine with 3GHz processor but I would go for at least 1Gb of RAM and make sure you get a good Hard Drive thats quick (7200rpm) and with loads of space (as example: Disk Drive)

And perhaps two hard drives if you can afford, one running windows and the other to hold all the multimedia.  

I think youll do well on £350 to get one that will be fast but it sounds like you wont be tearing the arse out of it too much so you should get away with the minimum, just depends how patient with computer loading and editing times you are!

JR

• forum abuser
#2 Video editing software requirements
February 21, 2005, 02:06:37 pm
BTW ebuyer.com are generally very cheap if you want to look around there

dave

#3 Video editing software requirements
February 21, 2005, 09:54:25 pm
i was looking at new computer shit recently - I think i was struggling to find that kinda spec (& bigger hard drive like 140+) for under 500 notes, but then i was wanting a flatscreen shiz with it.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#4 Video editing software requirements
February 22, 2005, 07:37:51 am
for real - i sorted an old skool 17", an i ain't that bothered about T to the F to the T so me full budget is going on the base unit.

Gather Dell periodically have deals going, plus there seem to be a fair few people on ebay solely dealing in PCs but I don't know, feel a bit reluctant about parting for 500 gs over the net.

was thinking of getting something within budget with the potential to upgrade hard drive later on - reckon I'll either be burning stuff to DVD or may get camcorder DV-"ined", so shouldn't be a massive amount clogging up my hard drive.

other than that, as long as I can use MS Office and go on t'internet, maybe sort out my own website, I'll be happy.

cofe

• forum hero
#5 Video editing software requirements
February 22, 2005, 09:30:32 am
try sending your specs to sales@slabtooth.co.uk - couple of guys based out of sheff who'll knock one up for you. i didn't get one in the end but they came through cheapest.

dave

#6 Video editing software requirements
February 22, 2005, 11:01:58 pm
word, also for cheap dell stuff on the one-off flava try the dell outlet ting

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal