UKBouldering.com

Coming back from a layoff- getting strong again (Read 4540 times)

underground

• forum hero
It seems to be a thing with me, I'll boulder for ages over the winter, get reasonably strong, and as soon as it's summer, just give up......

And then I'm not motivated and it's a pain being weak on the warm ups.

But now it's cold again, and I'll have to start it all over again.......

Your thoughts??????? :evil:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Yeah, only coz you've been spending all your weekends shagging this summer, you old dawg  :wink:

Few easy days out, getting in some mileage rather than working on projects, getting your tips hardened up again, and polishing technique and footwork. Shed the summer lard, and start doing some woodie work in the week.

As long as it only takes the first part of the winter to get back to where you were last year, that leaves the rest of the season to progress....

We should get up to Wharncliffe soon, to try some of Jon's problems - see his thread.

dave

If any muthaz are heading up Wharncliffe be sure to annouce it, cuz I'm mad for tha W-thang.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Have you been up there yet Dave? Me 'n underground went up for a quick look last winter. Went to the Dragon's Den, but everything was a bit damp. Especially like the look of that arete on the block to the right of the DD, Curvaceous. Didn't get anywhere on it last time though.

dave

Yeah I been there a couple of times, but the most recent time it rained. The first time was last winter, just after the article went up. Bumped into the main man JonF at da dragonz den.

Yes the Curvaceous probelm is brill, i did it that day, quality move. Also nearly did the V6 dyno, which isn't far just i can't get my fingers into the break properly. Also need to do Blunted from sitting.

Did you see jon's Jellyeyes dyno? thats fuckin menkle!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
No, didn't see Jellyeyes - will have a more in depth look at the place sometime.

Jon reckoned there was still some stuff to be done up there, and it'd be good to see the project offwidth, just so I can look at it, and run away. Any idea where that is?

A mate of mine reckoned he had an entire crag x up there somewhere but I've never managed to extract the information, despite using copious amounts of alcohol to loosen his resolve.

dave

The "mythical" project offwidth apparently lies in some bolders to the south of the area with the routes "on the air", "gavel neese" etc. This is what Mo told me. I once had a potter around there, didn't see owt, but then again i didn't really know what i was looking for.

As for secret crags, there are loads of old quarries around there, bolow the crag ond over the back. I belive some people from the foundry have climbed there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal