UKBouldering.com

For those who are interested: Velvia RIP (Read 4641 times)

gruff

For those who are interested: Velvia RIP
February 16, 2005, 10:00:04 pm
The day has come.

It's being replaced with 'Velvia 100' note the lack of an 'f' as in the recent Velvia 100f i.e. completely different stuff.

Anyway, more details about that new stuff can be found on the above site...finer grain than the "old" RVP apparently. It'll be about in late spring I recon. You lot are probably all digital now anyway! :roll:

g

Graeme

• menacing presence
#1 For those who are interested: Velvia RIP
February 17, 2005, 07:53:19 am
Not me, although I don't use the stuff personally, although I'll have to tell my dad, he love's the stuff.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 For those who are interested: Velvia RIP
February 17, 2005, 08:05:28 am
I used the Velvia 50 for a while, but found it too restrictive. I normally go for Provia anyway.

andy bowie

• regular
#3 For those who are interested: Velvia RIP
February 17, 2005, 09:23:39 am
velvia 50 was the way, the truth and the light. was down in the smoke at the weekend looking at wildlife photogrpaher of the year exhibition (which is awesome) and largest percentage used velvia 50.

mad as badgers.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 For those who are interested: Velvia RIP
February 17, 2005, 12:22:24 pm
Don't get me wrong, it's brilliant film, but unless it's bright sunlight, you have sturdy tripod, or a flashgun as bright as a million supernovas, it's hardly ideal for climbing photography in this country.

David S

• stalker
Quote from: "SA Chris"
Don't get me wrong, it's brilliant film, but unless it's bright sunlight, you have sturdy tripod, or a flashgun as bright as a million supernovas, it's hardly ideal for climbing photography in this country.

It's my film of choice but then again I have fast lenses and a steady hand. It just takes a little getting used to using it although if I need extra speed I plump for velvia 100f at the mo.
It will be a sad day indeed :shock: unless the new stuff is just as good. We will wait and see  If it ain't I'll be buying a stack of the velvia 50.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal