UKBouldering.com

Trapped nerves (Read 1489 times)

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Trapped nerves
February 09, 2005, 02:53:58 pm
After trying similar moves on steep ground, trying to get strong on monday, i fucked my back.  Basically, looking back, everything I did that day involved throwing with the left arm a long way on 45 - 50 degree angles.  I displaced my upper disc's (easily popped back into place by handy local massuer) tore some upper back muscle, which resulted in internal swelling, which in turn trapped all the nerves in my upper back and down my left arm to the elbow.  Since then, my muscles have been jigging and popping to their own little dance in side my skin - winner.  I have had some sports therapy done, and since then my forefinger has gone dead, but I am still in work (busy chef) as I don't get sick pay, which is making matters worse.  Most definatley not a winner.  Still, see you all in Ireland - if Im not climbing, I'll be lashed as a tramp on G day.  My boss :x  most definatley is a cunt.

dave

#1 Trapped nerves
February 09, 2005, 03:00:18 pm
bad luck, that sounds proper nasty.

JR

• forum abuser
#2 Trapped nerves
February 10, 2005, 08:04:04 pm
THe only real trouble i now have in my elbow is the nerve catching and trapping around one of my bicep tendon.   It is a real ball ache but the exercises my physio gave me did really help and for the most part now it never really bothers me.  At first the ends of my fingers would tingle and i would someitmes lose a bit of felling in my thumb.

I know its worse in your back but there are ways to sort it out and it will get better but it does take a fair time, probably 5 months for mine to settle to a "normal" standard.

Take it easy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal