the shizzle > beta - bouldering

Fish arete, Wimberry

(1/8) > >>

tommytwotone:
yo yo, finally got up to Wimbrizzle on Sunday for a look round. Got well stuck/frustrated on Fish arete tho - had LH on undercut sloper thing, RH on high slopey arete bit. Heehooking with RF.

Am I right in thinking the next move is jump?

Question?

dave:
think theres a couple of ways of doing this, one is to hold the slopey bit of arete, hand in groove, put right toe on footohld high on arete adn slap top with left hand. the other way is pull on hand in groove and one on best thing you can find on arete, swing a right foot heel in a really good scoop round right and get top right handed. if you can reach far enough to pull on theres a good littel horizontal pocket right round the arete, and if you can reach between that and the groove than thats the easiest way to pull on.

Bonjoy:
That's right. RF on little nubbin near arete and slap for the top.

tommytwotone:

--- Quote from: "dave" ---think theres a couple of ways of doing this, one is to hold the slopey bit of arete, hand in groove, put right toe on footohld high on arete adn slap top with left hand.
--- End quote ---

aye - that's what I were trying but couldn't find anywhere for me right foot. Had my 'bearhug' on big style but was scampering about trying to get RF up - if I'm right the foothold for RF is quite high up, near the most decent bit of the arete?

Cheers f't beta anyways - don't think I'll be up there again till it's likely to be dryer, quality venue tho from what I saw/ripped skin off on.

Jim:
Yeah, the foothold isn't much of a foothold but it is quite high up. tops massive. quality move

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version