UKBouldering.com

Parasellas: Big link/s hold no longer a hold. (Read 3318 times)

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Parasellas: Big link/s hold no longer a hold.
February 01, 2005, 01:54:25 pm
Fortunatley, this time, not a chip.  The rest hold/jam on the ramp (by the drilled pocket) where you get to shake out for the likes of The Directors Cut, Pilgrimage and The Greenheart Connection has fallen off/out of the roof.  Even tough it has left behind a reasonable layaway/back hand, I think this will definitley consolidate, if not push the numbers a touch on these already desperate lines.  

By the way, Mark Katz completeley creamed the Halfway House, V12 (?)(the ramp start to Trigger Cut) just before this occurence.  I think this was the Fourth ascent of this piece of climbing.  I also think we may have to break his fingers before he climbs everything...

Doylo

• forum hero
kin ell i wouldn't call it  a rest hold!

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
There has been talk of reinstating said hold. Nodder has it at his house safe and sound.

dave

not as if it'd be the only glued hold in there!

Pantontino

• forum hero
Come on Dave, we're not talking about some Cheedale-Sharples-glue-tastic extravaganza.

Aside from the infamous Rock Atrocity block, the rest is glue free, albeit not untouched by the ancient (read: 1980s) creative spin of the drill bit.

...and at the end of the day, a quarried limestone cave is a world away from pristine natural grit of the Plantation (ahem, Joker, ahem!)...is it not?

dave

you've lost me there. i was just making a case for gluing it back on!

Pantontino

• forum hero
Oh yeah, I see what you mean now. Don't know what I was thinking last night - too much fresh air had fried my brain.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal