UKBouldering.com

.avi with subtitles file (Read 2445 times)

underground

• forum hero
.avi with subtitles file
January 25, 2005, 06:34:59 pm
So, I got hold of a film in .avi format but it's all in a language I don't understand. It came with another file, extension .SUB which opens itself in notepad and has all the subtitles, prefixed by a range of numbers.

I guess I'd have to burn them both to the CD in some way, but I don't know what to do. I tried just putting the 2 in the root directory, but the player is only seeing the .avi (it's a Yamada DVX 6600)...

Any ideas anyone? I didn't have much luck with the Google

JR

• forum abuser

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#2 Re: .avi with subtitles file
January 25, 2005, 10:53:19 pm
Quote from: "underground"
So, I got hold of a film in .avi format but it's all in a language I don't understand.
what? Swedish? I wouldn't bother with the subtitles, just look at the pretty pictures. :wink:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 .avi with subtitles file
January 25, 2005, 11:20:28 pm

bobble_maun

#4 probs with .AVI
March 28, 2005, 09:43:29 pm
with out sounding like a complete nerd ( IT Tech by trade  so bear with me).  have you got the avi working yet? if not its probably needing the right codec ( software that descrambels everthing so you can see it/hear it in media player etc)

you can  download a program from here its called gspot  :oops: (if you can find it , fnar fnar)  

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html

this will tell you what codec it requires. when it tells you go do some googling and you can download the right one.  if you wanna save a bit of time try downloading DIVX it probaly this one thats missing.

http://www.divx.com/divx/download/  

cheers bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal