UKBouldering.com

sound device driver thingys (Read 2053 times)

Gad

• regular
sound device driver thingys
January 18, 2005, 08:07:40 pm
I've been having quite few 'system has recovered from serious error caused by device driver' messages recently. Now, the wizkids at microsoft don't know which driver is causing the problem so i've been doing a bit of searching the web and messing with stuff (could have been fatal, but he who dares, wins!) and have discovered that it's my sound device thing (maye :wink: ) that's whack (i think that means bad, in the 'not good' sense of the word)
The device currently installed is SoundMax Intergrated digital Audio and there doesn't seem to be any updates available. Has anyone else had problems with this? Can i change it easily? What other sound devices do people use? Do you want more quetions?
cheers

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#1 sound device driver thingys
January 18, 2005, 09:14:23 pm
Is it intergrated into the motherboard? A simple solution might be to disable that in the BIOS and buy a seperate card that has good driver updates.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 sound device driver thingys
January 18, 2005, 10:12:39 pm
Might be worth finding out the make and model of your motherboard and going to their website to see if you can find any updates, or try contacting their support desk.

bobble_maun

#3 sound device driver thingys
March 28, 2005, 09:59:07 pm
dont whether you got it fixed or not but you can download a program called aida32 from here

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html

once downloaded unzip the file contents and run the aida32.exe file,

once run click summary and it will tell you your motherboard manufacturer and model number (you should have a link next to it you can click on) once you got to the web page download the latest sound card drivers and install them

this should sort your problem

cheers bob :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal