UKBouldering.com

basic question from gimp who knows f**k all (Read 2763 times)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
basic question from gimp who knows f**k all
January 04, 2005, 11:05:55 am
Right you willall laugh but i cant for the life of me fix it, ive lost the taskbar from me desktop and cant frigging find it!(you now that thing at bottom of screen) its on my lap top, running xp home. ive tried clicking around all areas that it might of been reduced to, all way round screen and nowt....anyone got any cunning one click ideas for muppet boy here.(ive got no ideas how i did it either)

dave

you generally get it back by putting cursor to very bottom of the screen and it shoud turn into poopsing arrows, and you can pull it back up, maybe? can't remember if its the same in XP though.

underground

• forum hero
That how it works in W2K innit....

Anyway fatboy I told you to remind me and I'll come sort it. It's the least I can do  :oops:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
ha ha the crimson tide pays another visit to cottle acres......
Tink you might have to mate, im clicking everything and nothing, gone into control panel and everything ok for taskbar but still nothing...fukin hate computers

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Try:

type Ctrl-ESC, Alt-Space, S, and then use the Up Arrow to resize the taskbar.

Not sure if it'll work but got it from another site.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
you sure its not at the top or the side of the screen. you can move it there.
How do ya get into control panel without it anyhow?
if you've got start menu icon, right click it -> properties, select task bar and the options are in there.
recon you've got it on auto hise or summit and its to slow to appear. try putting the mouse pointer over where it should be and leave it for a bit. if it appear, right click it and select 'lock the taskbar'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal