UKBouldering.com

Pfalz bouldering (Read 5481 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Pfalz bouldering
December 23, 2004, 12:25:49 pm
Was flicking through a rather snazzy looking guidebook (german text) in V12 yesterday, and I thought it might be worth a punt.

Anybody been and sampled the delights of this German sandstone wonder? What is the best season for bouldering, is it any good, best crags, etc?

Found this on the webclimbing.com forum:

"If you are in Bleau come to Pfalz, the famous German boulder area, too!
Terrific sandstone bouldering.

You can have a look here http://palatinum.info
Lots of pics and clips. Use google to translate the site as it also has a load of information about the top sites."

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Pfalz bouldering
December 23, 2004, 12:47:11 pm

Shit, isn't that?

Looks like a top spot

AndyR

• forum hero
#2 Re: Pfalz bouldering
December 23, 2004, 12:52:41 pm
Quote from: "Pantontino"
Was flicking through a rather snazzy looking guidebook (german text) in V12 yesterday, and I thought it might be worth a punt.

Anybody been and sampled the delights of this German sandstone wonder? What is the best season for bouldering, is it any good, best crags, etc?

Well, if there's a lot of this going on, then I'm booking my ticket right now....

webbo

• forum hero
#3 Pfalz bouldering
December 23, 2004, 12:53:19 pm
i've been several times back in the 80's.i don't remember doing much bouldering,just routes.there are some great routes,it's a bit of a mix of trad routes with the odd ring bolt or sparsely bolted sports routes that you place gear between the bolts.
however that may have all changed in the last 20 years.there was a bit of a bolt war at the time.the trad aid folks would sneek out at night to chop the bolts that had been placed to free climb routes.

tc

• junky
#4 Pfalz bouldering
January 03, 2005, 07:07:20 pm
The bouldering is excellent (God's rock, innit  :) Stay at the Baerenbrunnerhof where the craic is also excellent.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#5 Pfalz bouldering
January 09, 2005, 10:09:54 pm
Is that guide book, pfalz and nordvogesen en bloc?
I have that myself. I have checked out a couple of areas: Hardt and Lorenzboulderfels, as well as a few I can't remember the names of..
I found both good, but not especially extensive. Hardt is definatly rad, but niether is particalarly big. By that I mean, I could do all probs up to my 10-goes-limit in a day. The pflaz has lots of areas, but lots of them are small. I guess if you find probs which float your boat, then this isn't a  problem, but you might have to do more looking than you would like..
If I was in font and had a couple of days to spare, I would stay in font rather than drive the 5 hours to the pflaz. Maybe if the weather was really shite all week it might be worth it, but not especailly..
There is definatly not the concentration of areas compared to font or even cresiano. Maybe  I', spoilt though.
If you could get a best probs hitlist, then it would save a right load to driving around..

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#6 Pfalz bouldering
July 28, 2005, 12:59:40 pm

andy_e

• forum hero
#7 Pfalz bouldering
July 28, 2005, 03:13:15 pm
pfalz as in rheinland-pfalz? shit that could be a useful book...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal