UKBouldering.com

Hardcore bouldering photos (Read 19460 times)

dave

#25 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 11, 2002, 11:23:46 am
No, but there was a air filter, uv light, reeds, plancton, a half a dozen Koi Carp swimming about.

justfunk_

• regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/justfunk_dj/staffscene.html
#26 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 11, 2002, 11:25:22 am
Yes but there is burb west n south to takle too?
Problably be west n north!

U guys out today?

dave

#27 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 11, 2002, 11:33:16 am
West was still all damp when we left about 5pm yesterday (stuff at the bridge drying) but given this nice morning sun I recon you'll be alright, unless theres that wet streak still down WSS.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#28 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 11, 2002, 11:51:55 am
Quote from: "dave"
No, but there was a air filter, uv light, reeds, plancton, a half a dozen Koi Carp swimming about.

Cool as! I think it's about time that the boring Peak scenery is brightened up with a bit of landscaping. We've already got the trout-fest that is Rubicon - I reckon Doxy's Pool should be next for a bit of a makeover followed by the hell-hole that is Lawrencefield.

james

• obsessive maniac
#29 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 11, 2002, 04:09:53 pm
Justin,
Couldnt get out today :cry:  but will be out on Thursday.  Are you around?  Drop us a line (07833 508 296) and we'll meet up.
Cheers

James

justfunk_

• regular
#30 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 13, 2002, 07:08:14 pm
Yes will drop you a text then you can grab my no then drop us a txt when your next over here. . ..

Where is your local crag(s) . . Will drop u txt when about your way ?..

james

• obsessive maniac
#31 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 13, 2002, 09:14:11 pm
Justin,
My local crags are Stanton Moor, Eagle Tor, Cratcliffe, RHS etc, and anywhere else I can easily get to on a bus.  Too young to drive - Stupid god damn laws dang nab-it :D .  wont be long though :hyper: .
Have you seen the thread on the big dyno? We might be over this weekend, weather permiting.  
Where is the crux on Bobba Fet (sp)?  I had a quick look at it and the start looked tricky, does it get easier?
Hopefuly see you at the weekend.
Cheers

James

justfunk_

• regular
#32 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 14, 2002, 01:09:16 pm
Quote from: "james"
Justin,
My local crags are Stanton Moor, Eagle Tor, Cratcliffe, RHS etc, and anywhere else I can easily get to on a bus.  Too young to drive - Stupid god damn laws dang nab-it :D .  wont be long though :hyper: .
Have you seen the thread on the big dyno? We might be over this weekend, weather permiting.  
Where is the crux on Bobba Fet (sp)?  I had a quick look at it and the start looked tricky, does it get easier?
Hopefuly see you at the weekend.
Cheers

James

Bobba fett is susstained hard til the last move. drop us txt if you are over here this wknd. I may go to try sampson at burbage on sun(if cool enough) i want to see what all the fuss is about on this line?

Why not get a motor bike 50cc or suumat? it will get u around!

james

• obsessive maniac
#33 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 14, 2002, 01:42:52 pm
Hi Justin.
Will text you if we get out.  Do you know what the weather is going to be like?  Has sampson been repeated? It dosnt look that hard.  
I will be 17 in a month so no point in getting a bike, couldnt take a mat on one anyway.
Cheers
James

justfunk_

• regular
#34 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 17, 2002, 10:46:14 pm
Sampson has not been repeated yet but should see it done this winter i recon by some dude?

Im off to burb west tommorow are you about? i want to try a few things there.It has given a good day out. Allthough that means jack shite?  ??

Til then . .

james

• obsessive maniac
#35 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 18, 2002, 07:40:54 am
Fraid I am not about mate.  Ive got bloody school, the only day I have off is Thursday.
I realy wanted to get out today because of the weather and I realy like Burbage West.  What a shame.  
Are you around on Thursday.  The forcast is a bit shit at the moment but it might change?  Have you been to Stanton Moor.  Send me a text with your number.
Cheers

James

justfunk_

• regular
#36 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 18, 2002, 11:40:16 pm
Will be out burbage on thur if dry . Fingers crossed it will be crisp dry and     -5  .  He he he .  

i wish.

Lets just see what the weather brings and if all is well i will see you there.

james

• obsessive maniac
#37 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 19, 2002, 10:34:24 am
What time are you going to Burbage?I should be finished school at 10:40 but if I am unlucky it could be as late as 12:40 :cry: .  I will know for sure later today and I will let you know.
Cheers

James

james

• obsessive maniac
#38 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 19, 2002, 07:16:22 pm
Hi Justin.
Everything is nearly sorted.  All we need now is some good weather :? .  Give me a call tomorow evening.  
Cheers

James

justfunk_

• regular
#39 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 10:30:04 am
Ok james sounds good but the weather is well shite i think. Will just wait n see ?

I have not been stanton yet would like a blast there sometime? :wink:  

Eagle is one of your locals ? Well has anyone done the tomas W arete left of moffats 8a thingy yet,repeats or ?  :?:

I will drop u a txt tom that ll give u my no.

Cheers

james

• obsessive maniac
#40 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 10:53:51 am
Hi Justin,
Eagle is probably my favourite place at the moment.  I have been meaning to try No Mercy it for a while but last time I went it started to piss it down just as I got to the problem.  I dont think it has been repeated yet but I could be wrong.  It dosnt look that hard but it is probably decieving.  
  I know Stanton moor well and would happily show you around anytime.   Their are some awesome problems up there.  The cork stone is weird and wonderfull and Vice Man, the highball at the far end (claimed by moffat as Spare Rib) is a toutch of class.
  I will probably go out somewhere tomorow even ir the weather is not briliant,  If it is realy wet I will probably go and Have a look at a recently developed crag x that is supost to be awesome.  Ill give you a ring when I get your number and let you know what is hapening over this way.  Talk to you tomorow.
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#41 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 11:03:51 am
James, what's this about "Vice Man"? Who did it first?

Make sure Justin is sworn to secrecy about crag-x - you know the score  :wink:

justfunk_

• regular
#42 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 11:08:47 am
Make sure Justin is sworn to secrecy about crag-x - you know the score  :wink:[/quote]

What the hell is this then? not the cragx ?  
Or is it grit . . ..    

Im excited . . .. .  :lol:  :lol:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#43 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 11:11:33 am
Ha ha, we could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you  :D

Personal introductions only as we can't say where it is on here. Access is too sensitive and we want to keep it like Cresbrook - ie not publicised etc.

It's grit and there's some good stuff there, though it's not the new plantation by any means.

justfunk_

• regular
#44 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 11:35:21 am
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm  

Sneaky buggers !      I shall look forward it.  has it potential for hard stuff.
What is the rock like. Green near trees open coarse fine grit. pockety steep or slaby,Both,? ? ? ? undercut starts ? ? ?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#45 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 11:43:21 am
Most  of the hard routes have been done by, I believe Monsieurs Whittaker, Lea & Bishton, but not sure if all the boulder problems have yet. Not been up there for a while as weather isn't exactly ideal.

A good variety of stuff, but mostly sit-starts for the problems as the boulders are quite small.

james

• obsessive maniac
#46 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 01:22:06 pm
Jason Meyers (sp) climbed the problem originaly and called it Vice Man.  I think it was graded about V8/V9 but I dont think he published it (as with most of the stuff he did on the moor).  Jerry then came along and claimed it as his own and called it Spare Rib

I will protect the identity of  our secret haven with my life :lol: .  I thought about blindfolding Justin on the trip to the crag as not to reveal the location until we are sure of his loyalty but since he will probably be driving, im not sure that would be the best idea :lol: .  

Justin, if it is wet, do you fancy going tomorow.  I cant be bothered to sit at home all day if it is too wet to climb and I could do with checking out the crag x in more detail.  I think there are supost to be some E6 aretes up there too.  Is that right Mike?
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#47 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 01:27:12 pm
It's Myers - how did you find that out? Did you talk to Jason?

Well, I dunno their grades, as it's all not been publicised....Percy B might enlighten us if he reads this. I must just say that if it's raining, then it'll be an extremely unpleasant place to be, which is why I've not been up for a while - I'd wait for a dry day meself.

james

• obsessive maniac
#48 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 01:31:49 pm
Tony spoke to Jason and then told me.  Apparently he has done most things including Snaptonic, Resistance is Futile and Unidentified Flying People.  
If it rais, I wasnt thinking of climbing, just looking around.  If it is dry then its off to Burbage.
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#49 Hardcore bouldering photos
November 20, 2002, 01:35:25 pm
Bleedin' ell, Jason's done the lot. He was a very keen lad though.

I think even looking about up there will be minging if it's wet but good luck - I'll message you the best place to park, etc.....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal