UKBouldering.com

Printers!!!! (Read 4298 times)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
Printers!!!!
December 06, 2004, 11:10:37 am
So whats the sp on wats a good printer then? Got epson ink jet tingy at mo and the quality is shit...basically its for photos and buisness use so can afford to get fairly decent model....is laser the way to go?

dave

#1 Printers!!!!
December 06, 2004, 11:15:09 am
i got an epson C64 for the last year - tis ok for photos as far as i can tell.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 Printers!!!!
December 06, 2004, 11:18:26 am
ive got the C70 and no matter what i do i get frigging lines when colour printing, even on B & w its shabby....strangely only started after warranty was up, built in obsolesence anyone

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Printers!!!!
December 06, 2004, 11:20:48 am

dave

#4 Printers!!!!
December 06, 2004, 11:23:31 am
do you use it very often? with inkjets if you don't use them very often the nozzles can clog up with shit - so the next few times yo print there can be lines. Its happened with me, cos i don't use mine that often. I assume it was OK for you when it was new?

What you need to do it run-off some snozzle cleaning sheets (you do this via the printer's controls on the computer). you may have to do it several times to get them clean, but its the only way.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#5 Printers!!!!
December 06, 2004, 02:43:47 pm
yeah, have done the cleaning shizzle loads, still crap!

dave

#6 Printers!!!!
December 06, 2004, 02:59:06 pm
fuck knows then!

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#7 Printers!!!!
December 06, 2004, 09:57:31 pm
Me thinks fucking bin then down to a propriety printer outlet and buy a new bastard fucking piece of technology that will be out of date in 6 months, 40% cheaper and incompatible with the corporations new stock line1

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#8 Printers!!!!
December 06, 2004, 10:31:39 pm
Obi's Inkjet Printer Cleaning Masterclass (or how to kill a dull afternoon by looking like your busy, while saving the boss money!)

I've had some good success cleaning blocked jets on Epsons and Canons. Unlike HP the head doesn't get replaced every time you replace the ink. If the auto head cleaning process fails (which wastes loads of ink anyhow, on purpose? of course!)  Get some cleaning fluid, anything that is quite thin and will evaporate way. Lighter fluid evap's too quickly, nothing too gloopy that will make things worse. I find windolene type non-smear glass cleaner (green or clear trigger spray bottle) best. Now set up a doc that makes the head move across the paper lots, but doesn't actually print much or anything. For example, a hairline border around a page will keep the printing head busy for a while. Just before the page gets pulled through the printer, spray a bit of fluid on the page. This is the key bit. The first time just do a little and see what happens. You need enough to get some on the print head, but not enough to turn the paper into mulch as this will jam up and probably knacker the printer for good!

If you get it right, you should see lots of nice dirty streaks across the page where the head is wiped across the page.

Doing alternate pages like this and nozzle tests should bring some if not all your nozzles back to life.

With this method I brought a printer back to life which had 80% of its nozzles blocked, and I got all but 2 working.  Took about 10 cleaning sheets mind, and most of an afternoon of my old dull job . Quite satisfying when it works. :lol:

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#9 Printers!!!!
December 08, 2004, 04:54:07 pm
If any one is having issues with Epson's like the ink cart's hitting their date deadline and the like check this link out Epson Printer Utility
Down the bottom of the page is a link to a useful little free utility...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal