UKBouldering.com

Weirdness (Read 2441 times)

underground

• forum hero
Weirdness
December 05, 2004, 07:31:49 pm
So, I think everything is lovely and stable, then last night I launched eMule and Norton Internet Security started sending alert after alertys about remote systems trying to access the computer by TCP and UDP. Just after my eMule failed it's TCP/UDP port test. Don't really know how to do port forwarding in Norton, apart from listening to HTTP ports which in the options sounds wrong.... After all this it's only giving the option to 'Block' or 'Allow' connections from programs (e.g. Firefox) once.

I reinstalled NORTON and that, and now it's giving the option to allow stuff automatically or always. Shit seems right.

So, now all that worries me is the Hard Drive doing a little Krrrr every few seconds. Not sure if it did this before but I don't reckon it did.

What shall I do short of a reinstall?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Weirdness
December 05, 2004, 08:14:20 pm
Which TCP/UDP ports were the alerts about? If it's just common emule ports then don't worry about it.

If you allow emule access via the norton dialogs then it shouldn't fail the port test.

I think you're being over-paranoid - your harddrive could be whirring for any number of things - are you downloading something? is diskeeper running? etc.

underground

• forum hero
#2 Weirdness
December 05, 2004, 09:00:27 pm
No way dude, over-paranoid? ME??????

You probably know something about me that I don't....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal