the shizzle > power club

Power Club 752 6 - 12 May 2024

<< < (3/3)

Duncan Disorderly:
What's the fucking point... Club

M: Paddling in't lakes - fun.
T: Sheaf bloc - Tried hard, did all traverse moves, now feels only marginally impossible...
W: Matterhorn Ridge with the GF - Brilliant post work adventure climbing - loose, easy and bugger all decent gear... Mmmmm  :smirk:
T: Shoulder kicked off! Not happy at all.
F: Shoulder and hip kicking off - managed to get a last minute quack appointment - hip pain is almost unbearable! Like someone is sticking a red hot poker into my groin!
S: Shoulder seems back to normal - hip felt like murder! Sat in a hot tub under the stars and drank cocktails...
S: Hungover.

All seems to have gone south recently - no idea what the issue with the hip is, always been tight but seems to have stepped up a gear with random bouts of agonizing pain. Thankfully ROM isn't affected and standing up actually helps... Got a physio appt now so am going to push for a scan... All this is going to be after Verdon next week though so I've got a full bag of Ibuprofen and Naproxen and will dose meself up before abbing into owt and hope for the best... Arse!  :'(

monkoffunk:
M - Yoga
T - Yoga
W - Yoga
T - 5k run. Been a little lax about keeping this regular. First in just under a month. Felt so good in evening after.
F - Elbow physio exercises. Yoga.
S - Nothing.
S - Yoga

Basically a rest week. Not sure when I’ll get chance to get out again, but hopefully do some more training this week.

Duma:
Hope the hip eases up DD!

alba:
I'm going to start journalling so I can actually remember what I did climbing wise lol.

Not going to go into specific days but I seem to be making progress and the moonboard v3/4 seems doable now which is cool. Will provide a more detailed daily breakdown for next week ha.

Mixing the climbing with some swimming. Trying not to climb consecutive days to avoid injury as am only about 3 or 4 months climbing after a 15 year break.

Losing weight will help, am about 10 stone 8 and 5ft 3 and my goal is to get down to 10 stone or even 9.5 stone but I don't want to be too obsessive about it like when I was younger.

SA Chris:
Motivation not great for much right now.

M - 12.5km run, big hill and slow pace. Usual pull - ups and push ups.
T - nowt apart from usual pull - ups and push ups.
W - nowt apart from usual pull - ups and push ups.
T - nowt apart from usual pull - ups and push ups.
F - lunch time bike ride - about 25km. Went on bike as i was going to run in the evening, but didn't. Up until about 2 am photographing aurora.
S - up too early to take son to DoE hike. Headed to Fulmar Wall for first trad climbing in years. Beautiful weather, and no nesting birds at base for a change. 2nded S and HS, led 2 x VS I had actually not done before. Usual faff making things fit, but good to get out.
S - knacked. Fetched tired son from DoE hike.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version