UKBouldering.com

Glute to knee pain (Read 613 times)

Dexter

• obsessive maniac
Glute to knee pain
March 12, 2024, 08:07:24 am
I pulled something in my leg the other day and then further aggravated it at the wall last night whilst dropping my left knee and pulling in with my hamstring at the same time. Now when I replicate this movement I can feel a dull pain through from my glute to the outside of my knee. Oddly it doesn't hurt at all when my leg is in line with my torso, or when it is turned outwards only inwards. Anybody had this before and know what I've strained. More so does anyone have any good suggested rehab for something like this?

Nike Air

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Glute to knee pain
March 12, 2024, 09:29:48 am
Is that your IT band?

Maybe look that up and see if the you tubes match your symptoms..

lukeyboy

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Glute to knee pain
March 12, 2024, 09:37:06 am
IT band was my first thought too (though not an expert)

Dexter

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Glute to knee pain
March 12, 2024, 10:34:43 am
Thanks a lot, that seems to match up to the knee pain but not the hamstring which seems closer to the middle not the outside but I'm not exactly sure. Maybe it's a combination of things since I had a tight IT band already.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Re: Glute to knee pain
March 12, 2024, 10:58:24 am
Stretch and foam roll are my first remedies for any leg muscle issues. Ibuprofen gel too, although there are mixed options on if that makes any difference...

dunnyg

• forum hero
#5 Re: Glute to knee pain
March 12, 2024, 09:36:11 pm
 I've had similar but not identical pains. If something has gone wrong with your hip flexors or similar, it can cause pain round your glute and knee I think?

Also not an expert but worth seeing if stretching hip flexors in various ways helps, and then building up strength at extremes of current ROM if it does.

Obviously it's worth seeing a physio if you can etc..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal