UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Froggatt] Unnamed roof 7A (Read 883 times)

chosshunter

• youtube
[Peak][Froggatt] Unnamed roof 7A
February 29, 2024, 08:48:28 pm
I came across this low roof just up the hill from Sub Rocc. I managed to tidy it up and send it over the weekend, but it was obvious it had been cleaned before that.

I heard through the grapevine that Jon Fullwood said that Jamie Lilleman cleaned it, but had no idea if he or anyone actually climbed it. In any case its got some really good moves, at least the way I did it starting assis low in the flake under the roof and going straight up the face.  The big supporting block to the right doesn't even feel dabby or make it eliminate.

If anyone has any info I'd really appreciate it.

Send video for the curious: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3vWzwTN1jF/?igsh=MWlqM3V5cjQ2bDBkbA==

stone

• forum abuser
#1 Re: [Peak][Froggatt] Unnamed roof 7A
February 29, 2024, 09:21:20 pm
It would be great to have it on UKC Logbook with video.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
#3 Re: [Peak][Froggatt] Unnamed roof 7A
March 01, 2024, 11:56:10 am
 Jamie cleaned this and climbed it a while back. He didn't say much more and can't imagine he'd have any idea about the grade :lol:

stone

• forum abuser
#4 Re: [Peak][Froggatt] Unnamed roof 7A
March 01, 2024, 12:03:18 pm
For myself, I'm thankful for people documenting problems so others can know about them. I couldn't care less whether there were or weren't previous ascents -unless they are historically notable eg someone climbed something back in the olden days when it was ahead of its time or something.

chosshunter

• youtube
#5 Re: [Peak][Froggatt] Unnamed roof 7A
March 01, 2024, 12:12:55 pm
Thanks all. I wasn't too fussed about claiming an FA, but didn't want to take credit where it isn't due.

Re the grade: I ended up giving it 6C+ as it felt very similar to but a bit harder than Roof 1 at Owler Tor. I'm sure someone will come along and make me realise it's about 6A soon enough though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal