UKBouldering.com

Wil Bosi has repeated Return of the Sleepwalker 9A (Read 6259 times)

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
So bottom end 9A, harder than Alphane, carefully avoided saying Alphane is 8C+...yet  :worms: :worms: :worms:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Still, Alphane 8C+, BoD 9A. In this life or the next I will be proven right.

Quote from: Bosiwad
Return of the Sleepwalker comes in around the bottom end of the grade. Burden of Dreams was harder, but it is such a different style. I think 'Return' probably came in harder than Alphane'

Bosiwad strikes!  :bow:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
So bottom end 9A, harder than Alphane, carefully avoided saying Alphane is 8C+...yet  :worms: :worms: :worms:

Doesn't leave much room to squeeze it in and still get the grade.

Duncan campbell

• junky
Shame no Return of the Downgrader…!  :lol:

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
Nice lad, glad things are going well for him :)

crimpinainteasy

• addict
Does this further cement Terranova as solidly in the 9A range?

Absolutely dying that the potential hardest boulder in the world is some manky limestone eliminate.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
 :strongbench: nice one from the smiliest man in climbing!

https://www.instagram.com/will_bosi/p/C3nLKdJrZCC/?img_index=1

owensum

• player
I'm sure Woods is also pretty happy to get the grade confirmed

grimer

• forum hero
His contract was quivering in trepidation!

scragrock

• obsessive maniac
His contract was quivering in trepidation!
Interesting replacement for "Penis"

andy popp

• forum hero
So impressive. Obviously, the world elite travel constantly so the idea of operating away from home territory doesn't really apply to them in quite the same way, but I still think it's incredibly impressive how Will has got both BoD and RotS done on his first trip to the respective areas (so far as I'm aware). His ability to focus and just close the deal is something else.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Have you listened to the Billy Ridal-Alex Waterhouse Jam Crack, Andy? Interesting how they said that comp climbing was more relevant than they thought in performing under pressure and still getting it done.

User deactivated.

• forum hero
 :bow:

I've noticed that once Bosi has the moves and links down on a problem, there seems to be a unique inevitability that he's just going to do it. I get the sense that for most of the other top climbers, they get close then have to wait for luck to line up (conditions, fatigue, skin, etc), perhaps regress, and have to come back later. The most likely reason is that these blocks just aren't at his limit. Imagine if he did one of these 100+ day sieges?

remus

• forum hero
The most likely reason is that these blocks just aren't at his limit. Imagine if he did one of these 100+ day sieges?

:agree: he's doing these problems relatively quickly (12 days on RotSW vs 50+ for the FA, 24 days on Burden vs 4000+ attempts over 3 years by Nalle, 13 sessions on Alphane). Seems like there's more in the tank if he went down the mega project route.

edshakey

• forum abuser
Seems like there's more in the tank if he went down the mega project route.
Terranova maybe?

If Will upgrades Terranova, does Adam still bother pursuing 9As since he'll have already done one (can tick off another hardest of a discipline)?

36chambers

• forum hero
:bow:

I've noticed that once Bosi has the moves and links down on a problem, there seems to be a unique inevitability that he's just going to do it. I get the sense that for most of the other top climbers, they get close then have to wait for luck to line up (conditions, fatigue, skin, etc), perhaps regress, and have to come back later. The most likely reason is that these blocks just aren't at his limit. Imagine if he did one of these 100+ day sieges?

It's like no one's ever told him that you're supposed to get very close, then spend forever not making any more progress, then starting dropping the easier moves, until you eventually give up all hope and then somehow, by the grace of god, drag yourself over the top. And that's if you're lucky :rtfm:

nash1

• menacing presence
I have been waiting for this topic to veer onto that J Schubert got shut down on Sleepwalker yet did Alphane etc etc, but no one is going there. I guess I will have to nudge you lot. What does it say about a)Alphane b)Schubert c) Bosi d)other stuff... please carry on.

User deactivated.

• forum hero
I have been waiting for this topic to veer onto that J Schubert got shut down on Sleepwalker yet did Alphane etc etc, but no one is going there. I guess I will have to nudge you lot. What does it say about a)Alphane b)Schubert c) Bosi d)other stuff... please carry on.

In relation to Schubert, and to coin a phrase from boxing: styles make fights.

And something about conditions.

What it says about Bosi: freak of nature

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
nice one from the smiliest man in climbing!

You wonder if his attitude and approach are factors in his success? He seems (to me) to be happy in what he does and enjoys it, maybe this frame of mind alleviates the pressure?

As well as being a freak of nature as Liam says.

Wellsy

• forum hero
I imagine it helps that he has done various other hard problems and therefore ROTS was neither something intimidating or something he had to prove or whatever

yetix

• forum abuser
Alphane is 3h from his house. Obviously easier to work than a trip to the USA no?

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground

That it is amazing that Schubert is close to being the near best boulderer in the world (and near to the best lead climber in the world) despite having a full time job of being the clearly best competition climber in the world?

36chambers

• forum hero

You wonder if his attitude and approach are factors in his success? He seems (to me) to be happy in what he does and enjoys it, maybe this frame of mind alleviates the pressure?

It'll be hard not to have a smile on your face when it's obvious you're a level above bouldering heroes like Mr Webb and Mr Woods.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos

It's the teenage diet of irn bru, chips and 4hr sessions on the campus board. If that doesn't break you, nothing will!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal