the shizzle > get involved: access, environment, BMC

Franchard Overnight Camping/Parking

<< < (2/3) > >>

36chambers:
The author of the 5+6 and 7+8 guides posted this two days ago in relation to the new signs

--- Quote ---The parking lot of one of the most popular areas in Fontainebleau is also known to many camper owners as a campsite. Although spending the night in the forest has been prohibited for years, many climbers did not care. The annoyance about this has now become so high that action has been taken. New signs, gates and information boards have been placed and there is a new rule: parking in the forest is prohibited between 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM and the fine for ‘camping’ in the forest is € 1,500.

--- End quote ---

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3TVrt3t2e1

rodma:

--- Quote from: 36chambers on February 16, 2024, 10:28:32 am ---The author of the 5+6 and 7+8 guides posted this two days ago in relation to the new signs

--- Quote ---The parking lot of one of the most popular areas in Fontainebleau is also known to many camper owners as a campsite. Although spending the night in the forest has been prohibited for years, many climbers did not care. The annoyance about this has now become so high that action has been taken. New signs, gates and information boards have been placed and there is a new rule: parking in the forest is prohibited between 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM and the fine for ‘camping’ in the forest is € 1,500.

--- End quote ---

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3TVrt3t2e1

--- End quote ---

Yes, the signs have been there for around a week, it's just today that I saw they'd been vandalised already.  I had a search on the ONF website, but struggled to find a press release.

When I first went to font, there were random ish patrols moving people on. I drove there from Edinburgh in one push, couldn't check in to musardiere until the morning,  so drove around the formule 1s, but all were full, so drove to sabot (about 3 in the morning at this point), had barely engaged the handbrake, when we got moved on. This was a sleeping in the driver seat of a car scenario. Ended up overnighting at cuvier car park of all places  :sick:

I do wonder if they'll restart the night patrols

Andy W:
I was there a month or so ago and the new parking, barriers etc were in operation. The whole area felt much nicer and quieter. You can park up and sleep for free at the bivouac sites, up to date info on…

https://www.seine-et-marne.gouv.fr/Actualites/Massif-de-Fontainebleau-des-changements-prevues-en-avril-sur-les-aires-de-bivouac

monkey boy:

--- Quote from: Duma on February 16, 2024, 09:45:50 am ---Out of interest, what are the other options over winter in a campervan in Font now?
IIRC the campsites are all closed (Oct to April)

--- End quote ---

There's a free Bivouac in Bourron Marlotte and people stay at the Hippodrome (with no issues I don't think) except for the night before a race.

The campsite at Grez Sur Loing is also open from March to November.

I think you can get away with staying in car parks too as long as you move around and don't just stay there all day. Just common sense really.

monkey boy:

--- Quote from: rodma on February 16, 2024, 09:48:25 am ---There's an official giant van spot on the road south of arbonne, awee
bit beyond canche aux mercieres  parking

--- End quote ---

I hadn't realised you can stay there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version