the shizzle > get involved: access, environment, BMC

Franchard Overnight Camping/Parking

<< < (3/3)

rodma:

--- Quote from: monkey boy on February 16, 2024, 06:00:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: rodma on February 16, 2024, 09:48:25 am ---There's an official giant van spot on the road south of arbonne, awee
bit beyond canche aux mercieres  parking

--- End quote ---

I hadn't realised you can stay there.

--- End quote ---

I don't know when that one was set up, but it isn't really right next to any climbing area, but had around 100 vans parked there in October (when I bumped into you at la mouche)

finbarrr:

--- Quote from: rodma on February 16, 2024, 06:32:50 pm ---
--- Quote from: monkey boy on February 16, 2024, 06:00:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: rodma on February 16, 2024, 09:48:25 am ---There's an official giant van spot on the road south of arbonne, awee
bit beyond canche aux mercieres  parking

--- End quote ---

I hadn't realised you can stay there.

--- End quote ---

I don't know when that one was set up, but it isn't really right next to any climbing area, but had around 100 vans parked there in October (when I bumped into you at la mouche)

--- End quote ---

That was not an official spot. It now has “no Parking from 22:00 till 06:00” signs as well. Almost all the parkings in and around the forest are now equipped with said signs.
As per above, the three designated bivouac (campers and tents) areas are
- the hippodrome (north of Fontainebleau)
- the faisanderie  (mont aigu parking, has water)
- Bourdon marlotte (south of Fontainebleau , has water)

There is also a camper area on the east side milly, with water, but it is the smallest and about as attractive as a parking lot along a local road, because that’s what it is.

rodma:
Well corrected.  :oops: :sorry:

That's what happens when I take info from other people as gospel.

Out of interest Is there anything at that parking lot south of arbonne of interest? Is that where the MAMILs kick off their weekend tours?

I can understand why banning overnighting at climbing, walking, biking,  picnicking spots etc,., but it looked just like a giant car park out of the way and chatting with friends they had said they were staying there rather than isatis in order not to cause upset. Seems like that may have in fact had a negative impact.

Despite having owned (Andy Ws) old camper for 7odd years and going to font each non-lockdown year, we always stayed at the campsite at grez. I like a hot shower too much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version