UKBouldering.com

How much is my van worth?! (Read 399 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
How much is my van worth?!
February 12, 2024, 12:42:06 pm
The time has come to sell my van but I've no idea how much it's worth or what it would sell for.

It's a 2013 blue ex-BG VW Caddy Maxi with the 1.6tdi. It's on about 153,000 miles.

The mileage would make me think that it's not really worth a great deal, but I've done loads to it and added a load of gear. It has:
  • Vastly improved sound system including a passive amp driving the Hertz door speakers and tweeters, with extra speakers in the back, and a dedicated amp and Audio sub under the passenger seat
  • Aftermarket VW RCD330 radio/android auto device
  • Big leisure battery and some associated 12v and USB sockets in the back
  • Aftermarket front fog lights
  • Hefty amounts of insulation, ply lined, and metalwork carpeted over
  • Slightly shoddily self-joinered half at the back with some small cupboards
  • Memory foam mattress almost full double bed across the rest of the space

I think that's it. I've spent a lot of money on its upkeep, various injector/fuel system issues having cost me thousands to keep running. Recent fun events include having the brakes replaced in Locarno due to the mountain roads, and more recently the suspension in the front is about to be replaced. It does have a slight wobble due to misfiring caused by having one new injector, but it's been checked over and it's all fine, it just wobbles, which becomes strangely reassuring after a while.

It's a great van and I'll be so sad to part with it, but things change and I actually rarely use it to sleep in these days so seems sensible to part ways  :'(

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1 Re: How much is my van worth?!
February 12, 2024, 12:48:19 pm
About 5k ish.

andy_e

• forum hero
#2 Re: How much is my van worth?!
February 12, 2024, 01:01:24 pm
Great thanks, that's what I'd guessed/hoped for. Any takers?!  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal