UKBouldering.com

Anyone got the gear for Master' s Edge? (Read 3330 times)

grimer

• forum hero
Anyone got the gear for Master' s Edge?
January 15, 2024, 11:34:49 am
Crispin Waddy is at the shotholes as we speak. Unfortunately someone has borrowed the special gear from Outside and he can't get anything in.

If anyone has the required gear can you phone him now?

x

Tony

• menacing presence
  • “Comedic genius”
Just put this underneath and tell him it’s a DWS; he’ll path it.

SamT

• forum hero
 :lol:

Tom de Gay

• stalker
Not using my white Alien at the moment, think that fits. If he can hang out at the shotholes a bit longer, you could get it ubered it to the crag. £300 from London. Otherwise, I hear knotted ropes are all the rage these days.

danm

• junky
Does he also require a headtorch?

Arkle used my Metolius cam which held his fall nicely. Available in return for a month's subscription to Grimer's Patreon OnlyFans.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Backwards hex shurely?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Green Totem fits.

remus

• forum hero
Grimer's Patreon OnlyFans.

The real Jam Crack.

cwaddy

I'm happy enough with the gear I have for the shot holes, its the ballnut that protects the moves to them that i could have done with. (there's a joke in there somewhere). I guess i was hoping that someone on here would either have it or know someone that's keen to try it at the moment.

Perfect conditions today.....

chrisbrooke

• regular
    • My youtube shuffling
I was wondering how you got on. I happened to walk past with my dog as you were on it. Good effort getting on the rope today. My fingers were frozen just looking at you guys.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I'm happy enough with the gear I have for the shot holes, its the ballnut that protects the moves to them that i could have done with. (there's a joke in there somewhere). I guess i was hoping that someone on here would either have it or know someone that's keen to try it at the moment.

Perfect conditions today.....

Does that mean you did it?  :bounce:

grimer

• forum hero
I intitially misunderstood the gear he needed. I thought it was the shothole grear. But apparently there’s a little slider thing before that. This is the great needed.

Outside shop lend it out to Masters wannabes but it has been out on loan for a while, missing in inaction.

I think crispin was implying that if he had it he could have done it. Or tried it.

nik at work

• forum hero
Is it a particular modified slider/ball nut? I have a random ball nut you’re welcome to try for size.

T_B

• forum hero
This is the piece

SamT

• forum hero
Whats all this ball nut nonsense.   Few pads and a knee trembler reaching the shot holes.

There definitely wasn't a placement there c2000.   Back then, I did notice one of the tiny old aid bolt holes (approx 6mm diameter) appeared to have been modified (hard to explain, but it looked like another smaller hole had been created at a 45deg angle up into the original 6mm hole)  in an attempt to make it accept an RP or something, but it was kind of RP2 sized.

SamT

• forum hero

looks like one of these would fit..

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Whats all this ball nut nonsense.   Few pads and a knee trembler reaching the shot holes.

There definitely wasn't a placement there c2000. 

A large piece of rock came away before the shot holes a few years ago. Maybe that created the placement

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

looks like one of these would fit..

I’ve got one of those if you want to borrow it..

spidermonkey09

• forum hero

There definitely wasn't a placement there c2000.   Back then, I did notice one of the tiny old aid bolt holes (approx 6mm diameter) appeared to have been modified (hard to explain, but it looked like another smaller hole had been created at a 45deg angle up into the original 6mm hole)  in an attempt to make it accept an RP or something, but it was kind of RP2 sized.

I think I bouldered up to the shotholes years ago when I was shit. Am I misremembering? Or has the large piece of rock thats come away made it much harder?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Dunno

grimer

• forum hero
Getting to the shotholes isn’t really bouldering. Maybe you mean Edge lane

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
 Yeah, I def bouldered on both of them but prob only got to the shot holes on edge lane.

Tom de Gay

• stalker
The placement is lower than the rock scar. Wouldn't be surprised if it's been there all along.

Paul B

• forum hero
I've asked Caminati (I'm sure he'll say hi when he gets round to replying) as I had the dubious honour of belaying his flash ascent. He definitely owned a few sliders/ball nuts as I can remember a photo I took of one he used on Braille Trail (it was red).

I can't really remember if he used any gear below the shotholes only that we'd slung the nearby boulder on the floor so I could leg it and effectively take rope in.

Surely the person/people to ask on this are Tom R / P Widdy given they've lapped it dressed as bananas and other things?

remus

• forum hero
Yeah, I def bouldered on both of them but prob only got to the shot holes on edge lane.

A friend of mine broke their leg jumping off from below the shot holes on to a pad i.e. not a weird landing. I think it'd be pretty memorable if you had gotten up there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal