UKBouldering.com

Torquay Bouldering (Read 997 times)

EdGowSmith

• menacing presence
Torquay Bouldering
January 02, 2024, 01:10:48 pm
I've put together a little guide for the bouldering in Torquay, covering four areas and around 150 problems:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vm6WZUh_AsUYaOy28XvonaaX-PfOWIZ-/view?usp=sharing

Since the Climber's Club South Devon guide from Pete Saunders in 2018, there have been many new developments, the biggest of which are:
 - More problems and links done on the beach at Hope's Nose
 - Hope's Nose crag has been extensively developed as a bouldering venue (thanks to Alexis Perry)
 - A new sector (Hillside) at Anstey's Cove with ~15 problems, becoming popular in the last year (thanks to Jamie Rankin)
 - The boulder on the beach at Daddyhole has been (re)discovered, giving an atypical limestone experience (slopers and few feet)
 - A new sector in the Babbacombe area (the Babbacombe Boulder)

I've had a lot of fun bouldering in Torquay throughout the years. The crags detailed offer varied climbing across the styles and grades, are set in beautiful and unique environments, and, generally, at least at the time of writing, you'll have them to yourselves. I hope this guide allows others to share the experiences I've had here. :)

haydn jones

• forum hero
#1 Re: Torquay Bouldering
January 02, 2024, 01:48:32 pm
Amazing, me and my partner are heading this way for easter as we've never been to places like tintagel, we'll definitly add this to the places to visit, I didn't realise how much there was there!

Ged

• junky
#2 Re: Torquay Bouldering
January 02, 2024, 02:40:05 pm
Nice one Ed. Top work.

Hopes nose is great for lovers of vertical crimpy lime filth. Would be great to see some of pezzers problems getting some attention.

remus

• forum hero
#3 Re: Torquay Bouldering
January 02, 2024, 05:45:48 pm
Good work Ed, that's a top notch effort for a PDF topo, better than some print guides!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#4 Re: Torquay Bouldering
January 02, 2024, 06:07:37 pm
Good work Ed, that's a top notch effort for a PDF topo, better than some print guides!
:agree: good guide, well worth the price.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#5 Re: Torquay Bouldering
January 03, 2024, 10:11:19 am
That's a really great guide, Ed. Good on ya.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal