UKBouldering.com

Core pads (Read 1475 times)

User deactivated.

• forum hero
Core pads
November 23, 2023, 06:11:57 pm
Any reviews from the field yet? I'm looking at their bundle which includes 2 pads and a sitter. It seems they have a neat carrying system. Is it the Organic quality pad for the UK market we've been hoping for?

https://coreclimbing.co.uk/product/crash-pad-bundle-3/

tim palmer

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Core pads
November 25, 2023, 12:41:15 am
Yeah i have one of their titan pads, it is good.

It is larger than the moon or organic equivalents.  The foam I think is a decent midpoint, feels quite firm but softens well. 

The waist band is the best of any pad I have carried, super comfy considering the size of the it. 

The top of the shoulder straps is a minor concern, it looks like it might pull away, but I have thrashed it for 6 months and it hasn't so it is probably fine but if it ain't they will fix it so I/ you am/ are laughing

205Chris

• forum hero
#2 Re: Core pads
January 06, 2024, 08:03:22 pm
I recently splashed the cash on a couple of Core pads. A big layout but given I'm the wrong side of 40 and don't bounce like I used to I see it as investing in my knees. I'd have asked Santa but doubt he'd have got them down the chimney. First impressions are really positive.

In terms of design, they're very similar to Organic, albeit with a couple of major differences that swung it for me;

1 - They have a useful flap which covers the carrying straps when in use. I've never previously been a fan of pads with carrying straps that face the ground for UK conditions (obviously different if you boulder in California).

2 - This flap doubles up to offer a unique carrying system. Difficult to explain (look at their website), but offers a good solution for carrying multiple pads into the crag.

As Tim said, the carrying straps themselves are comfortable and some obvious through went into it, rather that just stitching on some webbing to carry the pad with.

There are also 3 layers of foam (as opposed to the 2 you get with other pads). As well as the open cell and closed cell, there's another layer of open cell foam on the top which in practice seems to give the pad a softer feel upon landing when new. As far as I can tell, this top layer runs the full area of the pad, which also means it doesn't feel like there's a joint in the middle of it.

I can't comment on longevity of the foam but expect it to be good. The only downside is that they seem to come in any colour you want, as long as it's black (with a bit of colour around the edges).

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#3 Re: Core pads
January 06, 2024, 08:08:05 pm

There are also 3 layers of foam (as opposed to the 2 you get with other pads). As well as the open cell and closed cell, there's another layer of open cell foam on the top which in practice seems to give the pad a softer feel upon landing when new. As far as I can tell, this top layer runs the full area of the pad, which also means it doesn't feel like there's a joint in the middle of it.

This is the same in the big organics (the 5 inch ones at least) and like you say I think it’s a great system to stop them being so bone rattling when new!

northern yob

• stalker
#4 Re: Core pads
January 06, 2024, 08:34:04 pm
Any reviews from the field yet? I'm looking at their bundle which includes 2 pads and a sitter. It seems they have a neat carrying system. Is it the Organic quality pad for the UK market we've been hoping for?

https://coreclimbing.co.uk/product/crash-pad-bundle-3/

Father Christmas brought me the 3 pad bundle…. Today was their first trip out. Seem really good, carry system was excellent, I got them because they will fit in the car without putting the seats down, it all depends how durable it all is…. It’s a lot of pad for one carry, which was a big selling point for me… so far so good!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal