UKBouldering.com

Unparallel Sirius sizing compared to old five ten dragons (Read 958 times)

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
If anyone could advise me on the comparative sizing of Up Sirius to dragons or scarpa vs, that would be most appreciated.

andy_e

• forum hero
I find them to be pretty much the same as the Dragons in size.

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
I find them to be pretty much the same as the Dragons in size.

Same here.

JR9b

Bit late to this but may still be helpful for someone else. I felt like I could go half a size down in the Sirius compared to the old dragons. I have a pair of Sirius in the same size as my old dragons and after a few sessions they have stretched a bit too much, so much that I would definitely go half size down if I were to buy them again. Still a good shoe though! Due to them bagging out more than expected, they have become weapons for smeary, slabby indoor problems, probably not what they have been designed for though!

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
Yep I’d agree with that, they feel fractionally bigger. I’d also contradict the assumption that they are basically the same feel as dragons. I think they are a bit chunkier, less soft etc. not a bad replacement for the dragons tho!

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Dark Ventures are practically giving away their remaining (sexy International Klein Blue) 2021 versions in very big or very small sizes. I got a pair before Christmas. Agree with JR and AW: a similar fit but a quarter size bigger and a little stiffer/less sensitive than Dragons. I thought I was getting a pair of outdoor bouldering shoes, I actually got a pair of sport onsighting shoes. The rubber seems excellent.

I'd buy them again but go down a half size. Anyone have a pair of 10 or 10.5s they're not using?

JR9b

Yep I’d agree with that, they feel fractionally bigger. I’d also contradict the assumption that they are basically the same feel as dragons. I think they are a bit chunkier, less soft etc. not a bad replacement for the dragons tho!

I'm wondering if the Sirius LV might be a more faithful reproduction of the dragon given the supposed lower profile? Even the red colour is a nice nod to the OG! Haven't tried them yet but could be tempted. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has tried a pair.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal