the shizzle > chuffing

Chimes Alternative - UKC upgrade?

(1/13) > >>

Kingy:
I wondered if anybody knew why this linkup has been upgraded on UKC when its always been 8a. Chimes is 8a+ via Baby Chimes (8a). The start up the Green Alternative 7c is much easier

Dingdong:

--- Quote from: Kingy on September 07, 2023, 06:01:23 pm ---I wondered if anybody knew why this linkup has been upgraded on UKC when its always been 8a. Chimes is 8a+ via Baby Chimes (8a). The start up the Green Alternative 7c is much easier

--- End quote ---

Isn’t green alternative 7c+? Where’s the downgrade come from  :lol:

Kingy:
In 2009, early repeaters, myself included, thought Green Alternative likely fair at 7c rather than 7c+, see 8a.nu logs. If it is 7c+ then Weedkiller the route to the right and Baby Chimes both look undergraded. Regardless, Chimes Alternative seems out of place at 8a+ compared to Chimes at the same grade! Why not give Chimes 8b if we're in the business of upgrading stuff?

spidermonkey09:
There are loads of random UKC upgrades as they make new guidebooks, or in reality new updates for the app. There are loads at Kilnsey too; eg Grooved Arete is now 8b. It's bollocks but I have asked Alan why and he just refers to grade votes which is obviously nonsense.

Kingy:
Load of shite  :shit:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version