UKBouldering.com

Levitt hagg- light walker (Read 1109 times)

olliecamel

• regular
Levitt hagg- light walker
July 19, 2023, 08:13:26 am
Hi, does anyone know how levitt hagg is holding up and general condition of the light worker/walker block? Is it covered in plant life again or has anyone climbed it recently. Looks like a decent block, but by sounds of it, gets very green and returns to nature fast. Cheers

Bradders

• forum hero
#1 Re: Levitt hagg- light walker
July 19, 2023, 09:29:52 am
It was always notoriously difficult to get in condition, as typical for mag lime and particularly due to it's aspect (essentially in a deep pit with no sunshine reaching it and lots of tree cover) it is very susceptible to condensation forming.

Foliage wise I think it'll be okay, it's had recentish ascents on UKC and seems to have been thoroughly cleaned up since it's become more popular, which should also help with it staying clean.

Would expect with recent rain it'll be wet though and need a good few dry days to be climbable.

m.cooke.1421

• regular
#2 Re: Levitt hagg- light walker
July 19, 2023, 09:54:47 am
I gave the top out a good clean at the end of June. I'm not sure about the start holds but the holds round from the arete at the top are all fine. It suffers most from condensation so a fan would be a big help if you have one.

olliecamel

• regular
#3 Re: Levitt hagg- light walker
July 19, 2023, 08:45:49 pm
Thanks a lot for your replies. Might leave it for when I have a more sunny run up. Cheers

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#4 Re: Levitt hagg- light walker
July 19, 2023, 09:39:20 pm
I gave the top out a good clean at the end of June. I'm not sure about the start holds but the holds round from the arete at the top are all fine. It suffers most from condensation so a fan would be a big help if you have one.

Given how high it is, it would have to be a bloody powerful fan to affect the business end!  All the fans I've used have been helpful for de-smegging sit-starts in caves, but almost imperceptible a few metres off the ground.  For a fan to be of benefit, I'd want it on a cherry-picker / MEWP!

User deactivated.

• forum hero
#5 Re: Levitt hagg- light walker
July 19, 2023, 10:11:46 pm
All the fans I've used have been helpful for de-smegging sit-starts in caves, but almost imperceptible a few metres off the ground.  For a fan to be of benefit, I'd want it on a cherry-picker / MEWP!

Amateur...  ;D

m.cooke.1421

• regular
#6 Re: Levitt hagg- light walker
July 20, 2023, 10:17:03 am
The boulder faces east in a north west facing hole in the ground with very little air movement, any breeze is going to make a difference. I have put my fan on the floor and pointed it upwards and it has improved things. The slopers on the headwall are pretty clean so don't take a lot to get rid of a bit of condensation. The lower holds aren't quite as clean but are more positive so you can still use them if they are a little damp. I think the slopers also benefit from being hard for people to try and dry them with chalk.

The last thing I’ll say for the people that don’t believe in fans, the cynics and the sceptics, I’m sorry for you. I’m sorry you can’t dream big and I’m sorry you don’t believe in miracles.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal