UKBouldering.com

[Yorkshire] [Windgate Nick] [2 new problems 7A & 7A+] (Read 613 times)

User deactivated.

• forum hero
While i'm at it, I might as well list these two before they are forgotten and never climbed again.

Windgate Nick is a crag up on Addingham Moor, and there's just enough bouldering up there to make a nice day including other additions from Sam Pratt and Dave Sutcliffe. If there's a few people with a couple of pads each, the highball Ariadnes Thread is brilliant and not that bad to fall from. Gary and I took a fall each from near the top while figuring it out and it was fine, I couldn't see anyone falling off the ledge. Red Alfa is one of the best lines I've ever done, but I won't try to pretend that one is ok to fall off (thankfully I didn't). Anyway...

Jenga, 7A+ - a steep compression prow found up in a gully at the opposite side of the Red Alfa buttress. The moves are excellent but the landing is awkward. There's a block underneath it which you can't really pad out, but from where you might fall, it generally just means you end up sitting down on to it. It's also quite handy for working the moves! Maybe at the stiff end of 7A+.

Dry Stone Fall, 7A - An aesthetic, clean arete right where a dry stone wall meets the crag, 10m east of Red Alfa. Start standing on the right-hand side of the dry stone wall using a thin rail for the left hand and a sidepull for the right hand. From mid-height to the top it climbs over a small platform constructed for pads on the left hand side of the wall. This one needs a few pads to cover all potential landing areas. Unfortunately I don't have a photo. Maybe 6C+.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal