UKBouldering.com

Wright's Access - New arrangement from 05/08/23 (Read 1561 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
From 5th August 2023 the following access arrangement will apply:

- Parties wishing to climb must send an advance request email to - wrightsrock.access@gmail.com
- This email is to include name, and photo ID for each person, and the date you wish to climb.
- Request response will be by return email.
- Currently the owner is allowing access on Saturdays only. They may consider Sundays at a later date, depending on how well this arrangement works out.

Conditions:

- If you enter, traverse the land/climb it is totally at your own risk. You are granted access on the understanding you are competent and have assessed all risks present.
- Be aware that shooting takes place in this land outside of access times.
- Please pre-book (see above) with at least a weeks notice. First come, first served.  Only enter once we confirm.
- Pre-booking is maintain numbers to six or less and reduce noise/disturbance within the SSSI.
- Leave by 5pm OR dusk whichever is the soonest.
- Access through the gate, please don't climb the fences or over the gate.
- No dogs.

“Keep quiet please – we can hear everything – the rock reflects and amplifies sound to us when going about our business below.”

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I'm keen to hear feedback on how this works out, either by DM here or on my work email <my first name>.<my surname>@thebmc.co.uk

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
After a query regards data security the owner has agreed that photo ID can be brought to the crag rather than emailed in advance.
The amended RAD text is:

From 5th August 2023 the following access arrangement will apply:

-Parties wishing to climb must send an advance request email to - wrightsrock.access@gmail.com
-This email is to include names of the whole party and the date you wish to climb.
-Request response will be by return email.
-Currently the owner is allowing access on Saturdays only. They may consider Sundays at a later date, depending on -how well this arrangement works out.
-Climbers to bring photo ID to crag (e.g. passport/driving licence).

Conditions:

-If you enter, traverse the land/climb it is totally at your own risk. You are granted access on the understanding you are competent and have assessed all risks present.
-Be aware that shooting takes place in this land outside of access times.
-Please pre-book (see above) with at least a weeks notice. First come, first served.  Only visit if confirmed.
-Pre-booking is maintain numbers to six or less and reduce noise/disturbance within the SSSI.
-Leave by 5pm OR dusk whichever is the soonest.
-Access through the gate, please don't climb the fences or over the gate.
-No dogs.

“Keep quiet please – we can hear everything – the rock reflects and amplifies sound to us when going about our business below.”

Given the limited numbers it's probably best if group size is 2 (or 3 at a push), so that others have a chance.

sdm

• forum abuser
Unless I've missed something, access is still completely banned until 05/08/2023?

There is now nothing on UKC or the RAD that mentions that it is currently banned.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
yeah the RAD page still needs to be red currently! https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/View.aspx?id=5412

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
RAG rating corrected to red now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal