UKBouldering.com

Cramlington with no car or pads (Read 999 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Cramlington with no car or pads
May 19, 2023, 10:21:09 am
I'm in a hotel near Cramlington for the week with work next week, with no car. Is there any feasible option to get to some rock via public transport or by a walk / run? I know there is Jesmond Dene, but it looks pretty crap and a pain to get to. There seem to be a few other wee crags on UKC, but they  look pretty log.

Do I just get the train into Newcastle and go to a bouldering centre? Is The Valley the best bet for access / a decent session?

gme

• forum hero
#1 Re: Cramlington with no car or pads
May 19, 2023, 12:03:45 pm
I'm away until Thursday but will likely be going out on Thursday pm. if you want an evening on the crags. I am heading out sunday evening as well if your on your way down by then.

Public transport wise you will struggle and don't go to Jesmond dean its shite. 

Valley best wall for a boulder. There was a wall in Cramlington at Concordia leisure centre but no idea if its still there.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#2 Re: Cramlington with no car or pads
May 19, 2023, 12:18:53 pm
The Cove is fine without pads, but it’ll probably take 1.5 to 2 hours by public transport from cramlington.

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
#3 Re: Cramlington with no car or pads
May 19, 2023, 01:09:41 pm
I used to go to the cove in the 90's via the metro. A cool spot, and I got mooned by a bunch of girls in Chichester station

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Re: Cramlington with no car or pads
May 19, 2023, 02:00:16 pm
I'm away until Thursday but will likely be going out on Thursday pm. if you want an evening on the crags. I am heading out sunday evening as well if your on your way down by then.
Valley best wall for a boulder. There was a wall in Cramlington at Concordia leisure centre but no idea if its still there.
Cheers Gav, I'm driving down with my manager, so I don't expect to get there by early evening Sunday at best. Thursday evening on the crags sounds good, depends if I am expected to be sociable with colleagues on last evening of course or not.  I think the wall in Cramlington Wall is closed, is Valley or Friction the best bet?

Are you still on same no?

I could probably run to the Cove in the time it will take on public transport!

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
#5 Re: Cramlington with no car or pads
May 19, 2023, 06:16:05 pm
The cove is practically on the metro ( 5 minutes walk) but I used to cycle between cram and jesmond, buses rubbish

webbo

• forum hero
#6 Re: Cramlington with no car or pads
May 19, 2023, 07:29:02 pm
The cove can be a bit soapy at times and when it is you can experience a matless dismount in to the pebbles. Which is more of “ Awwww fucking hell” than a trip to A & E.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal