UKBouldering.com

Bouldering Posters (Read 3402 times)

Dingdong

• forum abuser
Bouldering Posters
February 28, 2023, 07:43:24 am
I’ve just finished building the training dungeon and would love to spruce it up with some psyche inducing bouldering posters. I was wondering if anyone knew where you can pick up some up. I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t seem to find any place that sells them. Or if anyone has some old bouldering posters rolled up and packed away they’d be willing to donate/sell it would be appreciated!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Bouldering Posters
February 28, 2023, 10:37:32 am
I might have some of the old freebies from magazines kicking about, god knows where though.

JJP

• addict
#2 Re: Bouldering Posters
February 28, 2023, 11:38:41 am
Ye funny these seem to have become a thing of the past, guess in part due to most magazines moving online.
Hope you manage to source some. 
If not an other option might be to get a couple of good photos of favourite bouldering areas printed large and hang them up - I did this and was surprisingly non-expensive and does help with the psych!

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Bouldering Posters
February 28, 2023, 11:58:27 am
Ye funny these seem to have become a thing of the past, guess in part due to most magazines moving online.
Hope you manage to source some. 
If not an other option might be to get a couple of good photos of favourite bouldering areas printed large and hang them up - I did this and was surprisingly non-expensive and does help with the psych!

Yeah it’s a proper shame. Ideally I’d love some with some wads doing cool moves on incredible lines. I’ve got the etchd 2022 calendar but I’d love some of like Adam flashing the ace and doing careless etc. I did hit up Adam long to see if he’d do prints but thought I’d check here as well.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#4 Re: Bouldering Posters
February 28, 2023, 12:15:37 pm
I’ve just finished building the training dungeon and would love to spruce it up with some psyche inducing bouldering posters. I was wondering if anyone knew where you can pick up some up. I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t seem to find any place that sells them. Or if anyone has some old bouldering posters rolled up and packed away they’d be willing to donate/sell it would be appreciated!

I have a more than life size poster of Ned Feehally. No idea what boulder he is on, it's a 5.10 poster really. More than happy to donate (maybe a few quid into the CAC bucket). Collection from the Climbing Works.

(Found it in our storage unit, god knows what other horrors are lurking in there!)

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Bouldering Posters
February 28, 2023, 12:24:39 pm

I have a more than life size poster of Ned Feehally. No idea what boulder he is on, it's a 5.10 poster really. More than happy to donate (maybe a few quid into the CAC bucket). Collection from the Climbing Works.

(Found it in our storage unit, god knows what other horrors are lurking in there!)

Hey Graeme! Yeah will happily donate some money to CAC as well, would love to grab it off you!! If you have any others let me know. When can I grab it off you?

Paul B

• forum hero
#6 Re: Bouldering Posters
February 28, 2023, 03:31:14 pm
Do people not give these away at boot demos these days or am I showing my age?  :worms:

I've always wondered what will happen to the classic posters in the corridors of the Foundry that appear to have been PVAd to the wall (I assume to stop them going missing).

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#7 Re: Bouldering Posters
February 28, 2023, 04:26:20 pm
Do people not give these away at boot demos these days or am I showing my age?  :worms:

I've always wondered what will happen to the classic posters in the corridors of the Foundry that appear to have been PVAd to the wall (I assume to stop them going missing).

Unfortunately I’ve never seen any posters otherwise I’d nab them right up!

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#8 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 01, 2023, 06:41:05 pm

Hey Graeme! Yeah will happily donate some money to CAC as well, would love to grab it off you!! If you have any others let me know. When can I grab it off you?

The poster is in our office, in the back right hand corner. If yoy PM me you name I will let my staff know who you are and you can pick it up anytime. I will be in 10-5 on Friday.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#9 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 04, 2023, 02:03:07 pm

Yeah it’s a proper shame. Ideally I’d love some with some wads doing cool moves on incredible lines. I’ve got the etchd 2022 calendar but I’d love some of like Adam flashing the ace and doing careless etc. I did hit up Adam long to see if he’d do prints but thought I’d check here as well.

Recently? On what channel? I haven’t received anything. Happy to do prints yeah.

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#10 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 05, 2023, 01:55:40 pm

Recently? On what channel? I haven’t received anything. Happy to do prints yeah.

It was on Instagram but may have gone to your other messages maybe?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#11 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 05, 2023, 02:10:00 pm
If you message people on Instagram they only get a notification if they follow you so unless they treat it like a job to check the “requests” folder all the time they’ll never see it. There was a video circulating a while ago where T-Pain revealed that he’d only just found the folder and it was full of years of requests from other famous musicians wanting to collaborate with him.

Stabbsy

• junky
#12 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 05, 2023, 02:21:47 pm
Just had a check through my collection that were destined to decorate my training room, but the wife wasn’t having any of that and the training room got demoted to the shed.

All magazine freebies and mostly routes, but I have got Ned on The Ace, Dan on The Rail and Moon on Cypher and The Ace. All A2 apart from The Rail which is A3. Free to a good home.

Bradders

• forum hero
#13 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 05, 2023, 03:02:16 pm
Just had a check through my collection that were destined to decorate my training room, but the wife wasn’t having any of that and the training room got demoted to the shed.

All magazine freebies and mostly routes, but I have got Ned on The Ace, Dan on The Rail and Moon on Cypher and The Ace. All A2 apart from The Rail which is A3. Free to a good home.

I'd love the Ned and Varian ones please! Will send a PM.

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#14 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 05, 2023, 03:24:06 pm

Could I grab the Ben moon ones please dude?

Stabbsy

• junky
#15 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 05, 2023, 03:51:08 pm
Well they went quick! Just in case anyone wants any of the routes ones, I've also got :

McClure on Batman, Mutation (Hock on Bleed in Hell on the other side), Dawes Rides a Shovelhead, Rainshadow and Eye of the Tiger (I think)
Mike Weeks on Boat to Naxos (Airlie on Zodiac on the other side)
Adam Wainwright on Tonton Macoute at Gogarth (something icy on the other side)
Martin Crook on Quartz Icicle at Gogarth
Adrian Berry on Skull Attack in the Gower
Leo on Trauma on Dinas Mot
Louise Thomas on Katana at Gogarth
Rich Simpson on Liquid Amber  :worms: (Harry Pennells on Serpentine on the other side)

Again all magazine freebies and all A2.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#16 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 05, 2023, 04:02:44 pm
Hi Stabbsy, Would it be okay to post them out? PM'd you re some of these.
Thanks
Jon

Duma

• forum hero
#17 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 05, 2023, 07:39:19 pm
Some classics there!

Stabbsy

• junky
#18 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 06, 2023, 09:52:15 am
I think I've responded to everyone that messaged me, so check your PMs. I'll try and post out this week if you send me addresses.

Bradders

• forum hero
#19 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 06, 2023, 10:22:54 am
I think I've responded to everyone that messaged me, so check your PMs. I'll try and post out this week if you send me addresses.

I've not had a reply to my PM, will try again!

Dingdong

• forum abuser
#20 Re: Bouldering Posters
March 06, 2023, 02:09:49 pm

Just picked mine up! Cheers Stabbsy, training dungeon is looking better already!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal