UKBouldering.com

Hat Arete, Gallet Yr Ogof (Read 941 times)

Teaboy

• forum hero
Hat Arete, Gallet Yr Ogof
January 14, 2023, 05:40:15 pm
The guide describes this as a SDS with your left on an obvious high left crimp but the obvious crimp rail is pretty much out of reach from sat down and I’ve seen three vids where people start crouched. Is this legit for the 6c version? (I didn’t try either version as it was soaked but it looks like more than one full grade difference between the crouch and matched undercuts)

Ross Barker

• menacing presence
  • Deathly afraid of traverses
#1 Re: Hat Arete, Gallet Yr Ogof
January 14, 2023, 09:38:35 pm
That's how I did it, although with my arms I could still reach it from sitting. Felt a bit easy for 6C but there just aren't any other holds that meet the description!

The matched undercut start doesn't seem to get many ascents, but I recall someone saying you basically have to sit right on top of your left foot?

brbushell

#2 Re: Hat Arete, Gallet Yr Ogof
January 14, 2023, 10:43:26 pm
I can just about reach the high crimp from a sit for the 6C but it is full stretch for me, anyone shorter than about 5'7" would surely struggle to reach without folding a pad or crouching

The undercut start is a more logical problem from a sitter imo but definitely feels stern for 7A whenever I've repeated it.

Teaboy

• forum hero
#3 Re: Hat Arete, Gallet Yr Ogof
January 16, 2023, 09:37:39 pm
Thank you both, good to know

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal