• forum hero
taping wrists
November 21, 2004, 05:33:29 pm
why? what's the purpose/benefit?

cheers

dave

#1 taping wrists
November 21, 2004, 08:38:43 pm
judge banks does it, think its to help tendons or summert he said.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#2 taping wrists
November 22, 2004, 06:57:35 am
sure does. I do it from time to time as I've got bad wrists from canoeing as a yoof. Basically if you ever get wrists pains whilst climbing, tape em and they don't hurt no more - works for me. I've also taped at the top of my forearms and below bicep when i had a fuct elbow

dave

#3 taping wrists
November 22, 2004, 09:00:53 am
Quote from: "Jim"
I've got bad wrists from canoeing as a yoof.

"canoeing" - nice one, i've never heard it called that before. paddling the pink canoe for some white water action?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#4 taping wrists
November 22, 2004, 10:40:18 am
When I went to the phsyio about my elbow he taped my upper forearm. Apparently the tape abosrbs a lot of the energy that would otherwise have to be absorbed by the tendons. The tighter the better, but you have to be careful it doesn't cut off the blood supply. Which is why you can also get arm supports (probably wrist supports too) with adjustable straps. These have the added benefit of keeping the whole area warm, which speeds up healing and also means that once your arm is warmed up, you don't have to worry about injuring it when you take rests and cool down.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 taping wrists
November 22, 2004, 10:12:22 pm
I've also taped at the top of my forearms and below bicep when i had a fuct elbow

yes n what did u look like? it doesn't matter how good it does u, what matters is at the end of the day u can say i brought some flair to the crag

cofe

• forum hero
#6 taping wrists
November 23, 2004, 09:17:19 am
Quote from: "a dense loner"
what matters is at the end of the day u can say i brought some flair to the crag

I can say you brought some flair to the crag?!?!?!?!? hardly, you were bouldering in sunnies on satdy cos of your 'alpine blindness' :roll:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal