UKBouldering.com

Power Club 677 - December 26th to January 1st (Read 2036 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Power Club 677 - December 26th to January 1st
January 02, 2023, 06:54:12 pm
Power Club

Mon - boxing bag. Big session.
Tue - ab wheel, thruster, lower back. Short on time.
Wed - AM as usual. PM board climbing, not pretty (18,5° 60% humidity, wtf). Lower back.
Thu - good mornings, bentover rows + pull ups, press. Clean singles at 80%, 85%, 90% after ages. Maintaining is gaining.
Fri - TBDL 100 kg x5 + 1'30" loaded carries x5. TBDL 100 kg x5 + 30" farmer's x5.
Sat - tired. Ab wheel, metcon complex, lower back.
Sun - boxing bag, big session.
Power Club says that I took 13 days off in 2022 (one in the last 164 days) and that I am 96 days on.

Duma

• forum hero
Power Club says that I took 13 days off in 2022 (one in the last 164 days) and that I am 96 days on.

Mental.

Duma

• forum hero
M - 2 min plank, including some rehab based variations.
T - 2 x 2 min plank with rehab stuff
W - 2 min plank with rehab stuff
T - 2 min plank with rehab stuff
F -  TCA 1 hr, bouldering on blacks (6C-7A). Probably first pure bouldering session since elbow injury in September that I've tried reasonably hard, and more importantly, tried a few steeper things too. Very psyched the elbow seemed to hold up. 2 min plank with rehab stuff. 12 hr night shift.
S - 2 min plank with rehab stuff. Final planks to meet target with a couple of hours to spare. 12 hr night shift.
S - 1 min rehab plank, press ups, dishes, front lever progressions, pull ups, and a few desultory hangs in a failed attempt to start sharkathon on the right note. 12 hr night shift.
70 kg
2022 plank total 365 min.

Looking forward to not planking much for a while. Maybe I'll go for 365 min of dishes...

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Thanks Nibile, happy new year to you and the Power Club stalwarts.

351 days of exercise in 2022. A day of exercise includes any one I've done more than 7km of brisk walking, which is a low bar but it encourages me to get out of the house and it pads-out my Power Club entries! 261 days if you only count days with some resistance training and often these are quite brief sessions. I managed the full 365 in 2021 but a leg infection took out several days this May and once gaps in the diary appeared I wasn't as obsessively completist about it.

M - Legs (frog squat, single leg squat etc.). The traditional Boxing Day hike on the Pentland Hills in the rain and sleet. ~10km, some hills.
T - Multiple family issues so cancelled tentative plan to visit Ratho. Walked 10km.
W - Train back to London. Walked 7km with a rucksack.
S - Westway autobelay, 250m to ~6a+  5 mins on 5 mins off. Overcooked things a little, wrist quite sore after this.
S - Walked 10km. Shoulder and wrist conditioning: side planks, dumbell rows, reverse biceps curls etc.

Quiet week. Need to pace the wrist rehab. a bit better: little and often rather than a big chunk in one go.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
Happy new year everybody!!!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I am absent until I can shift whatever affliction has been following me around for the last month. Persistent cough that I don't feel otherwise unwell with. Have had a course of antibiotics which helped but didn't entirely get rid of it and now it's back. Went to the doctor's last time when it developed into pain in chest on my left side when coughing/breathing heavily - I assume this is either a pulled muscle from coughing so much or else pleurisy.
Went climbing for the first time since 10th December yesterday and was surprised at how little I could do before the pain stopped me. Failed at the 6A+ warm up arete, managed one easy climb, then decided it was a mistake and stopped for the day.

So those are my woes. I won't be able to climb again until this chest/rib pain disappears, which will presumably need the cough to go first then an indeterminate amount of recovery time for whatever muscle it is I've fucked. Doctors again tomorrow will hopefully get things moving in the right direction.

Yay 2023.

dunnyg

• forum hero
Can I have your board holds TIA

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
You wouldn't be able to pull on them  :boohoo:

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
Travelling back to UK for Christmas last week so not much to report

W and T in London: 20 - 22k steps each day

S: JA Martin. Warmed up doing a 6B then onto Outil de Coupe, felt v tough for 7A (especially in current fitness and failed). Tried a few other things including getting pretty high on l'Etrave 7B+ which I was pleased with before getting a consolation tick of Petit Toi 6C to finish the day

S: c. 3mile walk round a wet Canche aux Merciers and surrounding area

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Bit late.  :spank:

M.

T.Crappy 6hour drive back from Devon. 2.5hours longer than normal.

W. Weighted deadhangs on Ergo Edge. FC,HC and Drag for 10 secs at BW, +7.5kgs, +12.5kgs maxing out at 17.5kgs 10 secs for FC, 4secs then 4 secs for HC and 7secs for drag.
PM Foundry working on circuit. Got some ok links

T. PM Foundry. Auto belay mainly working on a desperate fingery pink 7a+

F. Leaf clearing

S. PM Systems board. Reworked crimps benchmark, Gaston’s sequence and throw variations. Too heavy to do crimps benchmark. Completed a  20/10 set at 2 sec per move.

S. Eve. Weighted deadhangs on Ergo Edge. FC,HC and Drag3x 1pull up then 10, 10 secs at BW, +10kg FC,HC&D 3x1pull up then 10,7 and 4 sec hang.+15kg  FC,HC&D 3x1 pull up then 10, 7 and 8secs. FC,HC&D. +20kg 3x1 pull up then 8, 5 & 5secs

January’s focus is on increasing volume of climbing/training and losing Christmas fat gain. 

Highlights of 2002 here. Hopefully more of the same this year but with a couple of long term projects ticked 🤞

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
2002?

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
Still crook club. Now on antibiotics for cough and chest infection.
The evil lurgy pre Christmas is still in me. Low energy & psych.

Monday
Half crimp & Open strength assessment. BW(87kg) + 22.5kg for half crimp. + 30kg for open hand.

Tuesday
4min blocks on hard problems at the Depot. red Flash, purple ❌, purple flash, purple 2nd go, purple❌purple ❌

Wednesday rest

Thursday
3 hangs at 85%. Both half crimp & open

Friday. Rest

Saturday
Project bouldering at the depot
tried 4 yellows. did a new purple

Sunday. Rest

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Late club:

M: Hungover
T: Moonboard 10's on the 25 degree board @ AW - 5 moderate and 5 hard problems. Spanked up to 6B - WTF! So hard and so battered! Density hangs @ 65% of max. Stabilizer conditioning.
W: Aerocap on Autobelays @ AW - 4x4 up to F6b. Active hip mobility.
T: Rest
F: Boulder Triples @ The Hangar - Hard! Varied ARC session @ AW - 2 walls in a day!
S: Bouldering @ The Hangar. Shoulder presses and Rows, weighted pullups.
S:  :pissed:

Merry New Year!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal