UKBouldering.com

Stopping taping (Read 1746 times)

Simon S

• menacing presence
Stopping taping
November 16, 2004, 09:36:29 pm
I've had a couple of A2 pulley injuries over the summer that thankfully have cleared up.  :) Thing is I'm not sure how long to continue taping them up for. What are everyone elses thoughts? The last thing I fancy is stopping taping, only to tweak them again and have another 3 months of not being able to train. Nearly drove me mad!

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Stopping taping
November 17, 2004, 11:22:59 am
i'd been taping my middle finger on my r/h all summer.did'nt seem to be getting any better or worse.a couple of weeks or so ago i forgot to tape it due to gluing and taping up the holes in my tip's.at the end of the day i suddenley noticed when i was removing the tape from my tip's my finger had felt o.k.my point is that once you get to a certain point in recovery tape does'nt help.
there's an article in climber nov 2003 by dave macleod which explains this in more detail.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#2 Stopping taping
November 19, 2004, 11:35:49 pm
personally think that too many people tape n those that do leave it on far too long so it becomes engrained in them. try to find other types of probs n your fingers seem to heal better, in my humble opinion :oops:

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Stopping taping
November 19, 2004, 11:45:56 pm
Just make sure you warm up slowly, and keep checking for twinges or anything that feels weird. I hardly ever tape up these days (unless something cuts me), but as soon as I feel something going, I slap the strappal on. Next session I always start without tape again.

Remember: skin always sticks better than tape on a sloper. Dense is right: just go and hang some friendly holds for a bit, you can still be doing powerful moves. Come back to the crimps when you've healed a bit.

Simon S

• menacing presence
#4 Stopping taping
November 20, 2004, 09:53:33 pm
Right, thats decided it, next trip to the wall on monday i'll leave the tape off. I think, as dense said its become an ingrained habit.
Cheers for the advice guys!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal