UKBouldering.com

Lord's Seat (Read 2082 times)

squeek

• junky
Lord's Seat
November 08, 2004, 10:20:47 pm
Was thinking of going this weekend, I've got the excellent topo off yorkshiregrit.com (Cheers JP), but was just wondering a couple of things:

1) How quick will the boulders dry/ What condition will they be in if it rains all week, but is dry on the day I go at weekend?  They look like they keep in good condition from the photos and some face South, but I don't want to drive up there and walk all the way up the hill to find out there's nothing climbable.

2)  Is there any mobile reception for if I break my leg, as it looks quite high and I'll be on my own.

Any other general comments will be appreciated.

Big Frank

• forum abuser
#1 Lord's Seat
November 09, 2004, 11:01:36 am
I'd of thought that the south facing boulders would dry pretty damn quick as there is little to drain onto them. Last time I went there in winter the north facing boulders were very green.

Not sure on mobile cover (as I dont have one), but I would of thought there might be some.

Be prepared for a steep walk.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2 Lord's Seat
November 09, 2004, 11:32:08 am
Hey squeek if you want company up there, I might be up for it if the weather is nice (will have to be proper nice to justify a ride from Sheffield).

squeek

• junky
#3 Lord's Seat
November 09, 2004, 08:31:39 pm
Cheers for the info, I'll remember to pack light and brace myself for the walk in.  Hopefully McNab won't be too green so I can give it a few go's.

Fiend: Cool, we'll see what the weather forecast is like later in the week, i'm not going if it's uncertain.  Probably head off to Slipstones or Earl.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal