UKBouldering.com

Supercrack/Black Rhino (Read 1054 times)

Stabbsy

• junky
Supercrack/Black Rhino
September 04, 2022, 07:41:22 pm
Went up to the Black Rhino boulder today for a short visit. On the way back to Tremadog, I was looking out for the lay-by where the guidebook suggests you park for Supercrack but didn’t spot it. Does it exist and I was being blind or are you best to park as for Black Rhino and head over from there?

yetix

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Supercrack/Black Rhino
September 04, 2022, 08:06:05 pm
Isn't there a gate where it used to be now? Whether I should or shouldnt I just opened the wooden gate and parked there and never had an issue... Would be curious about if there is alternative parking beta tbf

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2 Re: Supercrack/Black Rhino
September 04, 2022, 09:45:38 pm
I seem to recall the layby was more a small, easily missed inlet perpendicular to the road, rather than a conventional layby.

Stabbsy

• junky
#3 Re: Supercrack/Black Rhino
September 05, 2022, 02:48:22 pm
Thanks both. Went back today and spotted the lay-by with the gate. Decided to park as for Black Rhino and walk over the top rather than block it. That said, it didn’t look like the gate went anywhere, so not obvious why it’s there. Walk-in from Black Rhino parking is easy enough (as described in the Black Rhino section of NWB Mountain Crags volume). Unfortunately, it rained more last night than I’d realised and the top was soaked - didn’t fancy grovelling over with one pad and no spotter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal