UKBouldering.com

Eagle Tor problem (Read 1951 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Eagle Tor problem
February 17, 2003, 11:16:16 am
Anyone know what this problem is? It looked new as there was a very freshly cut tree-branch there.

Over to the left of the "grit tufa" boulder (above the Brad's boulder) there's a slabby boulder with a couple of pleasant easy problems on it. On the back of this is a slightly overhanging wall with this new problem on it. Only a couple of moves long but looked qualidy.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#1 Eagle Tor problem
February 18, 2003, 04:05:05 pm
I don't know who hacked the tree about, but the problem it uncovered was not worth it! For fucks sake, think before you start chopping bits of tree down. The new problem that has been uncovered is not worth a potential access problem at Eagle Tor. I noticed this block years ago, along with a number of other keen folk, but we thought we would not bother trying it, as we would have to cut part of the tree down.
Lets hope the lady who lives in the house over the back of the hill doesn't notice, as she'll not be best pleased to think that climbers have been damaging the trees. Its bad enough that we damage the ground and chalk the boulders up without making it worse.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Eagle Tor problem
February 18, 2003, 06:01:15 pm
Thankfully they've not made a mess, but it's worth bearing in mind that the Eagle access situation is already quite delicate, so please don't chop anything else down unless at the very least you've got the consent of the landowner.

Also there was a horrendous amount of chalk caked about the place - please, I know what it's like to need a lot of chalk - i get through a stack, but please brush it off when you're done, it only takes a few seconds with a decent brush and makes it much nicer for the next person, and for the appearance of the place.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal