UKBouldering.com

Loch Buie cave arête? (Read 2176 times)

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Loch Buie cave arête?
August 25, 2022, 05:27:13 pm
Could anyone tell me what the right arête of the cave behind the mushroom at Loch Buie is please?
Cheers

Thomnomnom

• regular
#1 Re: Loch Buie cave arête?
August 26, 2022, 07:04:09 am
In the absence of another answer, I'll speculate. This thing? https://mobile.twitter.com/BlocHobbit/status/921411178580017152

Sorry for the weird Twitter link. I'm sure it's on Insta too but I could Google it/scroll enough.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#2 Re: Loch Buie cave arête?
August 27, 2022, 01:40:41 pm
Thanks Thomnomnom, that looks in the right location, but it’s hard to tell exactly from that photo, and it’s quite a different grade to what I did. Unfortunately I’m not on Instagram or Twitter, so I can’t search them. Do you think that it may have been recorded anywhere else?

Thomnomnom

• regular
#3 Re: Loch Buie cave arête?
August 27, 2022, 03:29:45 pm
As far as I know it's just that one photo that I may have originally seen on Instagram and bookmarked. I don't think it turned up in the guide (but don't have it on me to check).

Generally speaking Johm Watson is the keeper of all documented Scottish bouldering so you could contact him (try boulderscotland@gmail.com). Hopefully someone will find this thread as I think there are UKB'ers with local Mull knowledge too.

remus

• forum hero
#4 Re: Loch Buie cave arête?
August 28, 2022, 09:49:17 am
Unfortunately I’m not on Instagram or Twitter, so I can’t search them. Do you think that it may have been recorded anywhere else?

You're not missing out. It's fucking impossible to find anything on Instagram unless you already know what it is you're looking for.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#5 Re: Loch Buie cave arête?
August 29, 2022, 10:50:04 am
As far as I know it's just that one photo that I may have originally seen on Instagram and bookmarked. I don't think it turned up in the guide (but don't have it on me to check).

Generally speaking Johm Watson is the keeper of all documented Scottish bouldering so you could contact him (try boulderscotland@gmail.com). Hopefully someone will find this thread as I think there are UKB'ers with local Mull knowledge too.

OK, I’ll try John. Thanks again.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#6 Re: Loch Buie cave arête?
August 29, 2022, 10:52:02 am
Unfortunately I’m not on Instagram or Twitter, so I can’t search them. Do you think that it may have been recorded anywhere else?

You're not missing out. It's fucking impossible to find anything on Instagram unless you already know what it is you're looking for.

Indeed, it seems like a poor way of recording new things.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#7 Re: Loch Buie cave arête?
August 29, 2022, 03:17:42 pm
It's got a nice big green tick though, means you can harvest more "likes".

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
#8 Re: Loch Buie cave arête?
August 29, 2022, 09:07:53 pm
Not sure either. The Cut Loose problems on UKC all say "left hand side of the cave" . I presumed that was looking in. But maybe not? I've noticed chalk on the RH arete a few times over the years. I don't think it gets washed off.

Insta/Twitter does seem a shit way to document. But then again it's not that different to word of mouth with mates. Just without the romanticism of the 'oral history'

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#9 Re: Loch Buie cave arête?
September 01, 2022, 09:05:30 pm
The descriptions for Cut Loose etc. Seemed to fit the features on the left wall, but it looks like they may possibly have been affected by a substantial rock fall from the roof of the cave.

There was a little chalk on the right arête of the cave when I arrived too. It seemed strange for such a good problem not be be in the topo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal