UKBouldering.com

St Ives (Read 2200 times)

Rice Boy

• stalker
St Ives
November 02, 2004, 10:25:06 am
Found myself down at St Ives over the summer with a mat, shoes, brother and a load of funky looks from the locals. It was a bit of a long shot but really paid off in the end.

Only made it to the main headland off St Ives to the right as you look out of the bay. First impressions are 'what's this rice picker on about' but if you get down to the wave platforms some excellent problems/high balls exist. Failed to put the video of our time down there on the web and a topo would be difficult. Landings (rock pools) all good  if you have like me, a pancake thin mat or better.

Missed going to other side of bay where you should find a large overhang
and didn't spend long enough down there to know whether it's worth a trip on it's own.

Has been climbed on before but is definitely worth a mention.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 St Ives
November 02, 2004, 10:36:49 am
Sounds interesting. I remember having a look at cave on one of the surf beachs at New Quay once, looked like it had some good probs with a sandy landing but didn't have boots with me at the time.

andy

#2 Re: St Ives
November 02, 2004, 11:12:01 am
Only made it to the main headland off St Ives to the right as you look out of the bay.

you went the wrong way....you should have walked left towards Clodgy Point, much better bouldering than the stuff on Porthmeor Island. Stuff this way has been mentioned before on this site....there are guides in the offing!

Rice Boy

• stalker
#3 St Ives
November 02, 2004, 12:38:58 pm
(offing?) Sorry where can I get a guide for the area?

andy

#4 St Ives
November 03, 2004, 06:11:35 pm
'in the offing' is an expression which essentially means that something is planned to happen and may happen sometime soon...like most guides. if you want showing round next time you visit, pm me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal