UKBouldering.com

Climbing Hangar Sheffield- thoughts? (Read 7746 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
I obviously can't speak for others, but I don't think that's the key source of antipathy for me at least. I imagine if someone asked me directly I'd put my top on but if it happened regularly I'd stop using that wall apart from in winter. If someone asked me at the school I think I'd suggest they might be better off finding a different wall to frequent rather than imposing their desires on all the other members... But I just can't see it happening. I guess nowadays climbing walls are like gyms where they can have very different scenes that suit different people

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
I guess nowadays climbing walls are like gyms where they can have very different scenes that suit different people

I agree with this and personally people climbing tops of doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I think nowadays I just try to be a bit more aware of who is using the wall and if I was climbing with no shirt on and a couple of lasses came in or a group of kids I'd go and chuck a vest on.

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
I guess nowadays climbing walls are like gyms where they can have very different scenes that suit different people

Agree, although I’m not sure that the Schoolroom/ West Coast Barbell end of the spectrum walls have a viable business model not involving a wealthy benefactor? Walls need the birthday parties etc to be able to support the training facilities, and that means a welcoming atmosphere I guess.

36chambers

• forum hero
You crazy topless cats should try wearing bigger, looser, clothes. It's nicer than being topless and sweaty, and having your sweaty arms sticking to your sweaty body. Obviously, IMHO.

Also, for anyone who goes indoors just to train, if wearing a tee shirt makes it more difficult, then isn't that a good reason to keep it on. Just saying. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal