UKBouldering.com

[peak] [windy knoll cave] Twisting in the Rain 7A (Read 3524 times)

Carliios

A new addition at the micro venue. My friend Ben just put this up today. Two undercuts into a burly rollover. Great addition and maybe the last possible thing to be squeezed out of this chossy cave!

Carliios

Just added my own little line also at 7A called Degrassi Knoll that starts on the shield and traverse right along the crack, this leads to an excellent clock move and then tops out same side as twisting in the rain - really quality this venue, worth a visit for sure!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfrK5LvjSEo/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Stabbsy

• junky
Spotted this as a possibility when I checked the cave out a few weeks ago and then didn’t get chance to get back. You snooze, you lose! Was going to call it Thirst for Knoll Edge.

Carliios

Ah good thing cause I started working this a while back. I’m going back for the low start this weekend so please stay off it as it’s currently a closed project

not_an_athlete

I’m calling bullshit on that

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
Ah good thing cause I started working this a while back. I’m going back for the low start this weekend so please stay off it as it’s currently a closed project

:lol:

Sorry but what makes this a closed project?

Carliios

Well the fact that we worked on building and cleaning the landing out to make it less dangerous but if someone wants to be a knob and go do it then go ahead lol

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker

😂

Carliios

Just realised closed projects aren’t really a thing here ah well, have at it :shrug:

CapitalistPunter

• addict
Smizard is injured so your project is safe for now

CapitalistPunter

• addict

I think telling people about a project makes it more likely to get nabbed. I learned that the hard way beforehand.

Also no need for pointless drama.

Scouse D

• forum hero
I understand why you would want this to remain a 'closed project' with the effort you've put in but I wouldn't be surprised if someone did climb it before you though as you have advertised the problem to the world on your instagram and here. It might be prudent to hold back from posting new problems until you have tidied up all of your projects, I know this is the most common tack that first ascentionists take.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
I think if you’d requested the weekend to get it done people would have been a bit more sympathetic.

I’m not sure climbing someone else’s problem into someone else’s problem could ever really be classed as a closed project either, particularly at a venue you didn’t find.

I’d also suggest maybe keeping the lid on stuff like this till you’ve got it done you’re just asking for somone to get interested by firing the videos out straight away.

Edit - what Scouse said.

Carliios

Yep should have kept my trap shut. Won’t be making the same mistake again. Lesson learnt.

Sorry for any unnecessary drama everyone!

36chambers

• forum hero
Spray about my recent climb but risk getting the full line nabbed? :devangel:

Stabbsy, it's not too late for Thirst for Knoll Edge to happen... ;)

Bradders

• forum hero
I think it's totally reasonable to ask your mates and climbing partners to hold fire on something until you've done it, even if it's at an established venue etc.
(he says, having recently done exactly that - I'll get it done in September / October, promise!)

Obviously the nature of bouldering is that anyone else could easily spot what you have and do it before you and sometimes that's just how it goes, especially when you share an easier version far and wide, and the harder thing is dead obvious. As others have said, discretion is usually best practice.

36chambers

• forum hero
(he says, having recently done exactly that - I'll get it done in September / October, promise!)

what you trying?

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker

what you trying?

Boot Crack sit start, 5* banger 🙊

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads

what you trying?

I know this one but Bradders hasn't asked me not to try it. Might take a day off tomorrow...  ;)

Bradders

• forum hero

what you trying?

I know this one but Bradders hasn't asked me not to try it. Might take a day off tomorrow...  ;)

It's cos I know you don't have a chance on it  ;D

please don't though...

edshakey

• forum abuser
When you do it Bradders, I think it'll now be noteworthy enough for the Significant FAs thread. Maybe all of this was just a publicity stunt to get people talking about it  :ohmy:

Carliios

After much overnight worrying I went back today and bagged it.

Bradders

• forum hero
Shame Footwork did it yesterday

Carliios

:alky: me after hearing that news

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal