UKBouldering.com

[peak] [Burbage South Edge] Applied Stress 6C+/7A (Read 3144 times)

Carliios

Took Sam Lawsons Qui Gone Gym and eliminated the side walls making it a fully pure narrow compression line. Maybe a hard one if you don’t have pecs! Not settled on grade yet but put it up at 6C+ - felt quite hard and took me about 10 or so burns to work out the triple bump beta.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdglWDzDxqr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
That's terrible beta for The Kursk!

On a more serious note, does eliminating a foothold or two from the other problem warrant a new name and claim?

Carliios

On a more serious note, does eliminating a foothold or two from the other problem warrant a new name and claim?

I would say so. I showed it to Sam and he said it looked really good. Sam did it using kneebars using the side wall so not exactly using “one extra foothold”  :)

grimer

• forum hero
I think I did FA of The Kursk. I certainly named it. I have a guilty smile every time I see the name written down.

Carliios

I think I did FA of The Kursk. I certainly named it. I have a guilty smile every time I see the name written down.

the Kursk is the crack to the right isnt it? Looks mega!

Scouse D

• forum hero
Reminds me of the forgotten 'classic', Captain Thugwash at Higgar tor.
https://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,22443.msg409666.html#msg409666

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures

So mega that you didn’t climb it despite your pads already being underneath it?  :-\

Carliios

So mega that you didn’t climb it despite your pads already being underneath it?  :-\

There’s a thing called prioritising and not wasting skin. Just because I like the look of something doesn’t mean I’m gonna climb it there and then. Rocks not going anywhere is it  :chair:

CapitalistPunter

• addict

I'd say it's logical. It feels a bit strange using the disjointed block to the left on the 6B+ version, so doing the pure compression line makes sense and climbs very differently.

Ross Barker

• menacing presence
  • Deathly afraid of traverses

It's already an established problem though, and there aren't any holds to eliminate ;)

Carliios

People chatting shit before they’ve even tried a climb, could there be anything that embodies UKB better? I think not!

CapitalistPunter

• addict

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Like you're going to lose any skin on your fingers on The Kursk  ::) Although maybe one could do a new problem by not jamming it  :-\

Carliios

Like you're going to lose any skin on your fingers on The Kursk  ::) Although maybe one could do a new problem by not jamming it  :-\

I’ve done quite a bit of crack climbing and you definitely lose skin on both sides of the hands  :lol:

mr chaz

• obsessive maniac
People chatting shit before they’ve even tried a climb, could there be anything that embodies UKB better? I think not!

I’d actually say that’s the complete opposite of what embodies UKB

harrison

the low low start looks good

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I wonder what that will be called?

CapitalistPunter

• addict
Nice one compression wod

Carliios

I wonder what that will be called?

Nothing different. Just changing the line to start from the lower start at 7A instead of 6C+

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal