UKBouldering.com

Crags with bogs (Read 4447 times)

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#25 Re: Crags with bogs
May 30, 2022, 08:05:31 pm
Glen Nevis is soon to be replete with 2 composting bogs, alas, not before the midge arrives so save it for a windy forecast.

sdm

• forum abuser
#26 Re: Crags with bogs
May 30, 2022, 08:34:19 pm
Anyone know where the nearest public loos to Biblins Cave might be?

Guessing services on the A40 and pubs in Whitchurch. Can you use the campsite though?

I expect the campsite would be fine with you using them if you bought something from their shop/café.

I've never used their toilets but they've always been very friendly and positive towards climbers when I've bought food/drink there. When I talked to them last year, they were interested in stocking guidebooks.

There's public toilets in Symonds Yat, Monmouth, and Ross-on-Wye.

There's the services off the A40 at Whitchurch. Not been there for a long time but the toilets were pretty grim last time I went there. Or there's the Ross Spur services further away if you're coming from the East.

CrimpyMcCrimpface

• player
#27 Re: Crags with bogs
May 31, 2022, 10:29:10 am
The P in Matlock, it's right in the park so the pub must be <5mins walk from it.

Lime Kiln quarry in Wirksworth which is basically in a pub carpark. There was some chat recently about how the new pub landlord was encouraging of climbers.

sdm

• forum abuser
#28 Re: Crags with bogs
May 31, 2022, 10:41:33 am
Some further afield options:

Rowtor Rocks, Forest Rock and Parisellas Cave all have public toilets about 200m from the crag.

Dinas Rock has portaloos in the car park.
Update on the above: the portaloos that were at the Dinas car park last year are no longer there. Nearest public toilets are about 3/4 of a mile away by The Angel.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal