UKBouldering.com

[Peak] [Froggatt] new lines 6B+ to 7B (Read 1900 times)

Carliios

[Peak] [Froggatt] new lines 6B+ to 7B
February 03, 2022, 05:45:56 pm
Thanks to Jim for the tip off about this lovely boulder just down and cross the stream from the Froggatt Car Park.

Without A Paddle 6B+ - FA Carlos Montero
The straight up line using a series of small crimps
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZe24ILB5nA/?utm_medium=copy_link

Haizel 7A/+ - FA Carlos Montero
The right to left traverse on the low crimp rail, excellent moves, cant recommend enough!
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZhLKowB_3S/?utm_medium=copy_link

Wrestlemania 7B - FA Elias Bignold
The overhanging shield can be climbed using a cunning toe hook to reach the crimp on the slab, from here use both edges to grovel up the slabby top section - absolutely amazing bloc!
https://imgur.com/a/wB6pLu3

Dolly

• forum hero
#1 Re: [Peak] [Froggatt] new lines 6B+ to 7B
February 03, 2022, 08:15:30 pm
Nice one.
Are these near love thy kneebar then ?

Carliios

#2 Re: [Peak] [Froggatt] new lines 6B+ to 7B
February 03, 2022, 08:55:11 pm
Aye, Wrestlemania is directly below and the other two are to the left of that!

Dolly

• forum hero
#3 Re: [Peak] [Froggatt] new lines 6B+ to 7B
February 03, 2022, 09:59:30 pm
Great cheers

tomc

• player
#4 Re: [Peak] [Froggatt] new lines 6B+ to 7B
February 04, 2022, 06:33:50 pm
Nice work Carlios - obscure retro claim time - cleaned and climbed that first one almost ten years ago and did a few other bits round there with gritlad of this parish. Never the traverse into it though It was on my dog walk loop when I lived in grindleford. It really does moss over pretty quickly - and look untouched.
Only really stuck the 6c in the bluebells up on here (sub rocc)- worth hunting out.  A bit further down the path from where you are.  There’s some bits in the little quarry below the main parking too - but definitely not of the greatest quality…

Carliios

#5 Re: [Peak] [Froggatt] new lines 6B+ to 7B
February 04, 2022, 07:41:58 pm
Hey bud! All good, happy for you to take the retro claim on the first one, pretty steady but I think the traverse is the true line on that boulder anyways, deffo recommend it if you’re down that way as the moves are fantastic!

Sub roc looks really cool and my friend mentioned he wanted to check it out so we’ll definitely have to scout it out!

tomc

• player
#6 Re: [Peak] [Froggatt] new lines 6B+ to 7B
February 04, 2022, 07:54:51 pm
Sorry :sorry: Carlos - but good effort getting down there. I fired up my old computer and there’s a block to the right that had a couple of easier things on too that will be mossed over too. I originally intended this to be called  viktor vaughn from my pics. I’ve got a video but the files are all corrupt….there’s a lens cap off my camera somewhere in all those leaves too!  Never managed to clean up computer says no in my years of living there…..

Carliios

#7 Re: [Peak] [Froggatt] new lines 6B+ to 7B
February 04, 2022, 08:02:54 pm
All good all good  ;D it’s a fun warmup, I did spot the wall to the right but didn’t bother as it seemed like a lot of work plus we ended up cleaning Wrestlemania which turned out to be an amazing discovery! If I find your lens cap I’ll let you know  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal